How was your 4th of July party? Did you impress your guests with the dishes you served? Or did they have to bear the same dishes you cook up every 4th of July? It is time to give your 4th of July menu a haul over. Let us start with your appetiser.
If you have been serving chips with dips for your appetiser then you need to seriously reconsider. Chips are not healthy at all. Many adults, young adults and children are now suffering from serious diseases such as obesity, diabetes and heart disease because of unhealthy eating habits. You should take the initiative and start serving up healthy dishes. Don’t think that healthy dishes are plain and tasteless. You are absolutely mistaken. Healthy can be tasty too and your guests would be in for a surprise with this appetiser recipe!
A Healthy Appetiser for 4th of July
Although this appetiser hails from Italy this dish is perfect for your 4th of July barbecue. This Caprese salad on a stick will definitely tickle the tastebuds. Your guests will be so impressed with your new and classy appetiser.
On with the Ingredients
You will need the following:
- Grape Tomatoes – About 24 pieces will do.
- Mozzarella Cheese Balls – Choose the cherry size ones. 12 pieces will be enough.
- Basil leaves – You’ll need the fresh ones for this. About 24 will do.
- Culinary Moroccan Argan oil – You’ll need just 2 tablespoonfuls. This Moroccan oil is packed with healthy nutrients such as Vitamin E and essential fatty acids. Refular consumption of this healthy oil will boost your immune system and also lower your risks from developing cardiovascular diseases.
- Balsamic Vinegar – Just 2 teaspoons will do.
- Wooden Skewers – This recipe yields 12 so have 12 skewers ready.
Preparing the Caprese Salad on the Stick
This is so simple to make. On a skewer, thread the ingredients in an order you want. You can start threading in 2 or 3 basil leaves followed by a tomato, a Mozarella cheese ball and then another tomato. Once done set aside the skewer on a serving dish. Do the same on the remaining 11 skewers. Get a small bowl and pour in the Argan oil and balsamic vinegar. Mix them together by whisking. Once you’re ready to serve, drizzle the oil and vinegar over the Caprese Salad on a Stick.
Although, we are a year away from the next 4th of July, at least you now have an idea on what you can serve your guests next year. They would be really in for a surprise! And the best thing about this make-over on your appetiser is that it is healthy and tasty at the same time!