Every once in a while, our readers would be surprised to see an article addressed to men. Yes, admittedly most of our readers are women but this doesn’t mean that we don’t care about the men out there! Of course we want to help them! We would love to see the men look as best as they can everyday! This father’s day whether you’re a dad or a son, look your best for this special occasion!
With the market saturated with grooming products these days, grooming itself can seem overwhelming. When all you want is to look good or at least presentable, where should a man start? We all know that most men need some help in grooming. The task of figuring out which products to choose, how to apply them and getting familiar with ingredients in grooming products can be too much for men.
Grooming Tips for Men
For the Skin
- Wash your face with a mild cleanser twice a day. Stop your habit of using soap on your face and on your neck. Soaps contain harsh ingredients that can dry out the skin. The skin on your face and neck areas are more sensitive than the rest of your skin. Also go for a cleanser without alcohol in its ingredients.
- Moisturise the skin daily. The skin is robbed of its natural oils when you take a bath, get exposed to the elements and when you sweat. Treat your skin with some moisturising loving to prevent it from becoming dry.
- Learn proper shaving techniques. – You would not want to present yourself looking like a man who spent years in the wild (or would you) on this special occasion. And you would not want to appear with nicks and cuts on your face like some wild animal attacked you. These nicks and cuts can only lead to nasty infections. If you want to pull off a clean cut shave minus the nicks and cuts, you should follow these tips.
- To open your pores, wash your face with lukewarm water and afterwards cover your face with a warm towel.
- Use a shaving paste and a thick shaving brush. You’ll only need to dab a small nugget-sized paste on your chin and another one on the cheek. Use the brush to spread the paste where needed. This helps in making the hair soft and loose from the root. Keep on brushing for about 3 minutes.
- The old-school open blade is ideal for shaving. If you don’t have this, the best you can do is use a fresh blade. For those typical Gillette shaving razor, put on a new blade after a week.
- Don’t stretch your skin when you shave. You should actually do the opposite. Loosen your skin as you shave.
- Your first shaving motion should be with the grain and for the second round, go againts the grain. Before going for the second round of shaving, reapply shaving paste and brush for about a minute.
- A blade againts the skin is not a picnic. Rub Moroccan Argan oil on your skin. This oil is a potent moisturiser packed with nutrients that are oh so good for the skin. Argan oil contains Vitamin E, essential fatty acids, Polyphenols, Sterols and other nutrients that help heal, protect and keep the skin healthy.