Caring for your nails is not just about trimming them or going to the spa to have them manicured or pedicured. By the way before you let any nail salon touch your nails you should make sure that they disinfect the tools they use for each session. Better yet you can bring your own nail tools with you to avoid walking away with more than just trimmed and manicured or pedicured nails. You have to be way that salons can spread infectious diseases. So be very careful in trusting nail salons.
So how should you care for your nails? Here are simple suggestions.
Easy to Follow Nail Care Tips
- If you do gardening tasks, be sure to wear rubber gloves. This would avoid dirt and soil getting inside your nails. You may also be using fertilizers and sprays that can be harsh to your nails. Better protect them with rubber gloves.
- When doing household chores such as the dishes and laundry, you should also be wearing rubber gloves. Detergents can dry out your nails, making them brittle and easy to break.
- It is better to not let your nails grow so long. Long nails can easily break as they cling on your clothes and other materials. Your toenails can also be pushing hard against your shoes once they are too long and this can cause chipping or breakage. Trim your nails regularly.
- Don’t bite your nails. Nail biting is not a healthy and sanitary habit. Not only are you damaging your nails by biting on them but you can get sick from doing so. Remember that everyday you touch a lot of things and germs that carry different diseases can be on your nails. So stop yourself from biting them. If you can’t find your nail clippers, use a pair of scissors to cut your nails or better yet buy a new one. Don’t use your teeth as an alternative.
- Moisturise your nails with Moroccan Argan oil. Dry nails are prone to breakage and chipping. The Moroccan Argan oil is packed with Vitamin E and other nutrients with moisturising properties. The oil also strengthen the nails. Your cuticles will also be conditioned with regular application of the oil. You can coat your nails with the oil allowing them to soak in or you can mix the oil with lemon in equal parts and soak your nails in the solution for about 15 minutes.
- You can also soak your nails in a warm cup of milk. Calcium from the milk will be absorbed by your nails therefore strengthening them.
These are simple nail care tips that you can follow.