There is nothing wrong with wanting to stay as youthful as you can be for as long as possible. Although aging is inevitable, there are plenty of ways for you to slow it down. The skin is usually one of the first body parts to show signs of aging. Thankfully there are plenty of natural remedies that can help slow down the effects of aging on the skin.
Natural Anti-Aging Remedies
Here are a few natural remedies that will fight or slow down the aging process.
- Vitamin C – Vitamin C is very effective in slowing down the skin aging process as it boosts collagen production. Collagen is responsible for giving the skin its shape, firmness and elasticity. Vitamin C is also among the most potent antioxidants we know of. It protects the skin from free radical damage and it also minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. There are plenty of fruits and vegetables packed with Vitamin C. Dark leafy greens such as kale and mustard greens as well as cruciferous vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower are loaded with Vitamin C. Fruits such as orange, kiwi, strawberry and papaya are rich in Vitamin C. Include these fruits and vegetables in your daily meals to slow down the aging process.
- Honey – Honey has been long used in skin care regimen. Queen Cleopatra is believed to be the expert in honey skin care. It has been said that Cleopatra loved using honey in her skin care regimen. But was Cleopatra right on with the effectiveness of honey in keeping the skin healthy, beautiful and youthful? Indeed she was. Honey is a natural humectant meaning it retains moisture keeping the skin hydrated. Keeping the skin moisturized in essential in fighting the effects of aging on the skin. Honey can also be used to treat acne since it has antibacterial and cleansing properties.
- Avocado – Avocado is another effective natural anti-aging remedy. Avocado contains numerous antioxidants which help protect the skin from free-radical damage. Free radicals are the culprit of fine lines and wrinkles. You can mash the avocado and apply it on your face to rejuvenate the skin.
- Egg whites – Egg whites help tighten the skin. If you have lines under your eyes, whip up an egg white mask and apply it to those lines or wrinkles under the eye. You will be surprised to see that those lines are no longer there with regular use. Egg whites also help restore skin elasticity.
- Argan Oil – Argan oil is one of the best natural anti-aging remedies we have available. This oil is also an all-around beauty product. It is great for the skin, hair and nails. The oil is a natural extract of the Argan fruit seeds. It is packed with antioxidants such as Vitamin E, Carotenoids, Ferulic acid and Polyphenols. It is also a potent moisturizer thanks to its essential fatty acids and sterols.
These are just a few natural anti-aging remedies that will help get your skin looking youthful.
Like our Facebook page and share this post to your friends.