You don’t need to spend lots of money to have healthy and beautiful hair. Just check out your kitchen cupboards and even your fridge and you might just have the ingredients that would promote beautiful and healthy crowning glory.
Homemade Hair Treatments
- Eggs – Raw eggs work wonders to your crowning glory. The egg yolk is packed with fats and proteins that naturally moisturise the hair. Don’t throw out the egg whites especially if you have oily hair as they are filled with bacteria-eating enzymes that remove excess oils in the scalp.
- Plain Yogurt or Sour Cream – If you have dull hair plain yogurt or sour cream will bring back the life and shine to your hair. Many styling products plus dirt and pollution can create a film in your hair that takes away moisture and make your hair appear dull. This hair problem can be addressed with the use of dairy products that are packed with lactic acid and milk fat such as plain yogurt and sour cream. Lactic acid will strip away dirt in your hair in a gentle manner while the milk fat will keep your hair moisturised.
- Lemon Juice and Olive Oil – If you can’t stop scratching because of itchy scalp then give your scalp a shot of lemon juice and olive oil mixture. Lemon juice has the acidity to get rid of those unsightly loose dry skin flakes on the scalp while the olive oil will keep the now exposed new skin on your scalp moisturised. This is a wonderful mixture for your hair and scalp indeed.
- Beer! – Cheers and cheers to your crowning glory. Drinking beer or rather too many bottles of beer can make you see double or walk with a limp but beer does magic to limp hair. The reason behind this is the high content of yeast found in beer! Yeast will plump up tired tresses to give back body to your hair!
- Honey – Honey is not just for Winnie the Pooh, your pancakes, meat or your cup of tea. It can do wonders to dry and sun damaged crowning glory! The reason is that honey naturally lures in moisture and lock it in!
- Cornmeal or Cornstarch – If you have oily or greasy hair you can get rid of too much oil and grease in your hair by properly using cornmeal or cornstarch in your scalp and hair. Definitely this is a very affordable way to address such greasy hair issue.
- Avocado – Love eating avocadoes? Well you should also let your hair have a taste of avocadoes especially if you have frizzy or unruly hair! The oils of the avocado are much like what our oil glands produce, light and moist plus it has proteins healthy for the skin. This combination of oils and proteins found in the avocado is effective in smoothening unruly or frizzy hair!
- Baking Soda – If you have residue-ridden crowning glory then baking soda is a great solution. Baking soda will get rid of the residue that has built up in your hair from use of various hair products. The sodium bicarbonate in naking soda will break down anything acidic!
Moroccan Argan Oil
The Moroccan Argan oil is a natural hair care product that would strengthen, moisturise, nourish and treat damaged hair. It is packed with Vitamin E and essential fatty acids which essentially promote healthy hair!