Moms teach us a lot of things! Many would definitely agree with this. Mothers and daughters usually have a special bond. Little girls would wear their mother’s high heeled shoes, bags and even clothes. As little girls become teens, mothers would start teaching their daughters beauty regimen and skin care tips.
You probably remembered your mom always making her own beauty concoction in the kitchen. Many mothers have beauty remedies of their own. And once again mothers have proven that they know best. Nature holds the secret to beauty. Have you checked your kitchen or fridge recently for foods that can make your skin healthy, youthful and vibrant? Yes, common food items found inside the fridge actually hold beauty potions. Here are some of the foods that make your skin beautiful and some of nature’s best kept secrets.
Natural Beauty Treasures
- Avocados – Avocados are not just for guacamole. You can actually use them to make a facial mask. Avocado facial mask is soothing for the skin! Why, you might ask? Avocado is loaded with nutrients that keep the skin healthy. Avocado is also dubbed as one of nature’s most potent moisturisers!
- Oatmeal – You probably think of oatmeal as a breakfast meal. But you can actually use oatmeal to make your skin more beautiful. Oatmeal can be used to exfoliate skin, removing dead skin cells. Exfoliating allows the new skin to be revealed therefore the result is smoother and renewed skin. If you have dry or sensitive skin, use oatmeal to exfoliate dead skin cells.
- Strawberries – You probably love strawberries as dessert, on your cereals, as a snack or in pastries but did you know that this is great for the skin as well? Strawberries are loaded with antioxidants and antioxidants help protect the skin from getting damaged by free radicals! Remember though to buy organic strawberries. Anything grown organically is free from harmful chemicals and toxins.
- Plain Yogurt – Yogurt is not only beneficial to our digestive system, it is also great for the skin. Now that summertime is fast approaching you probably would need plain yogurt to treat sunburns and soothe your skin.
- Cucumber – Cucumber is not just for salads. Soak cucumber slices in cold milk and put them on your closed eyelids to soothe puffy eyes!
- The Moroccan Argan Oil – For many centuries, this nature’s beauty treasure has been kept secret from the modern world. But it was the Moroccan Berber tribe that knew about the beauty potion of this rare oil for many centuries. Today the Moroccan Argan oil has invaded the shores of almost all continents. Why is there such a big noise for this oil? This precious and organic oil holds nutrients that keep the skin vibrant, beautiful and youthful. This oil is also great for the hair and nails!
These are just some of nature’s beauty treasures!