Today, we can see so many kinds massage oils available in health food stores, skin care stores and spas. There are even formulations that combine two or more oils to supposedly increase their effectiveness. With their sheer number, looking for the best one can be very confusing.
Here are a few of the most popular massage oils these days.
- Apricot kernel oil – Rich in vitamin E, this oil will soothe aching and tired muscles. This oil has a longer shelf life than most oils. It is also easily absorbed in the skin so you will not feel greasy afterwards.
- Argan oil – This oil contains the most amount of Vitamin E compared to any oils out in the market. Vitamin E is well known to greatly benefit the skin but this nutrient also has anti-inflammatory properties therefore great for soothing tired and overstretched muscles. Other nutrients with anti-inflammatory properties found in Argan oil are Polyphenols, Sterols and Triterpens! Packed with antioxidants such as Vitamin E, Ferulic acid, Carotenoids and other skin loving nutrients, you’ll not only be relieved of your pain, you’ll also wake up to a healthier, more youthful and better skin complexion!
- Avocado oil –This is a green-colored heavy oil that is mostly mixed with lighter massage oils. Those who are sensitive to latex might have allergic reactions with this oil. Packed with Vitamin E and other antioxidants, you’ll be relieved of aching muscles and also be benefited with healthy skin!
- Grapeseed oil – This is a favored massage oil because it has almost no odor and has a silky and smooth texture. This oil is a popular aromatherapy oil.
- Cocoa butter – This rich oil comes with a chocolate aroma. This is also rather heavy so it is mostly mixed with other oils.
- Fractionated coconut oil – This is a light and non-greasy oil that is less pricey than the others. It can stain sheets though so be careful when using this soothing oil!
- Jojoba oil – Not only will this oil relieve you of back pain but this works wonders on acne because of its anti-bacterial properties.
- Olive oil – Olive oil is a kitchen mainstay but this also makes for a great massage oil. Packed with Vitamin E, the olive oil will help soothe your pain away!
- Kukui nut oil – This is an oil that is native to a paradise we call Hawaii. This is light and non-greasy and is effective in taking away that pain we usually have after a long stressful day. It is also great for the skin and can be used for most skin problems such as dry skin and sun-damaged skin! Definitely something you would want to have around!
- Sunflower oil – Sunflowers look lovely but its oils do more than just brighten your day. It relieves you of aching muscles and even gives you healthy skin. This oil is rich in linoleic acid, palmitic acid and stearic acid.
Soothe away aching and tired muscles with any of these massage oils! Soothe others by sharing this post!