Barbecue means being a slave to the grill! Well not anymore! You don’t have to wait for the summer time to come to get together with your friends and have a fun and not to mention good tasting barbecue night. You won’t even need your barbecue grill anymore. Barbecue ribs cooked on a slow cooker give you that same classic taste. Enjoy an added nutty flavour by drizzling the ribs with Argan oil. Start texting your buddies for a barbecue night. Have your apron ready and start the mood for a great night of tasty barbecue ribs.
Classic Barbecue Ribs in a Slow Cooker
When I stumbled upon this recipe on the net from mrfood.com, I was more on the pessimistic side. But it seems to me that my pessimism always pay off. Even when in doubt, I still go on and try out things. This flavour packed barbecue ribs will surely blow your palate away!
What You Will Need
Start shopping for these ingredients!
- Pork Ribs – If you are inviting 3 friends over for a total of 4 eaters then you will need about 4 pounds of pork ribs. Get the bone-in country style pork ribs.
- Salt – You’ll need 2 teaspoons. You’ll use the salt in 2 parts. Divide it equally.
- Onion – Choose a medium-sized onion.Have them chopped.
- Light Brown Sugar – You would only need about a cup.
- Apple Butter – 1 cup will do.
- Catsup – 1 cup is enough.
- Lemon Juice – Half a cup is all you will need.
- Orange juice – Have half a cup ready.
- Steak Sauce – You will need 1 tablespoon.
- Coarse ground pepper – 1 teaspoon is enough.
- Minced Garlic – You’ll need a teaspoon.
- Worcestershire Sauce – Half a teaspoon is all you need.
- Argan Oil – I like some nutty taste on my barbecue. Drizzle 2 tablespoons on the barbecue ribs for that awesome kick of flavour.
Cooking the Barbecue Ribs
- Step 1. First, you need to cut the ribs apart if they are too big and trim out the excess fat. You would want a great tasting barbecue that is kind to your body at the same time.
- Step 2. Use 1 teaspoon of salt to season the pork. Make sure that you season the pork ribs evenly.
- Step 3. In a medium bowl, mix the other 1 teaspoon of salt, onion and the other remaining ingredients except for the Argan oil. Pour half of the mixture in your slow cooker or pot then place the pork on the pot. Pour the remaining half of the mixture over the pork ribs.
- Step 4. Set your stove on a high setting and cook the ribs for 6 to 7 hours or until desired tenderness is achieved.
- Step 5. Drizzle Argan oil over the ribs right before serving.