Is the summer heat making you sweat so bad? Well, why not refresh your body with a fruit and vegetable salad meal? After all that barbecue and fun in the sun you are bound to crave for something that is light and refreshing. Serve yourself a plateful of fruits and vegetables/ Fruits and vegetables will definitely give you that refreshing feeling becuase of their high water content.
Not only will you be refreshed when you feed yourself fruits and vegetables. You will be getting essential nutrients to keep your body strong and healthy. Fruits and vegetables are packed with nutrients that help boost the immune system. By regularly including leafy greens and fruits in your diet, you will have a lesser chance of falling ill. Definitely you would not want to spend your summer in a hospital or sick in bed. That’s just an agony! So if you want to be out and about enjoying the fun this season of sunny days brings, better start munching on some fruits and vegetables!
Fresh Apples and Strawberry Salad
Here’s an easy to make fresh fruit salad recipe! This is best for breakfast as well as lunch. You’ll be forced to wake up with all that workout your jaw would be doing in munching this crunchy fresh fruit salad! What gives this salad a good crunch? Let’s get to its ingredients!
- Green Apples – You’ll need 2. You need to have them cored and diced.
- Red Apples – Get 2 as well. And same with the green ones, have them cored and diced.
- Pear – One is enough. You’ll need it cored and diced.
- Celery – 1 stalk is enough. Dice it.
- Grapes – The seedless kind is ideal. You’ll need 2 cups. Just have them halved.
- Slivered Almonds – For that crunch power add half a cup.
- Walnuts – Half a cup will give you that extra crunch.
- Vanilla Yogurt – Use low fat. Just 1 cup is enough.
- Granulated Sugar – 1/3 cup.
- Brown Sugar – 1/3 cup.
- Lemon Juice – from half of a lemon.
- Ground Cinnamon – half a teaspoon
- Mayonnaise – Just 1/4 cup will do.
- culinary Moroccan Argan oil – Drizzle about 2 tablespoons of the oil on the salad dressing. Argan oil is packed with Vitamin E, essential fatty acids and numerous antioxidants. The oil is great for the heart and is an immunity booster!
Preparing the Salad
Make the dressing first. All you need to do is mix everything in a bowl. Refrigerate first while you take care of the salad. Once all the ingredients are chopped, just place them in a bowl and pour in the dressing. Mix to coat evenly!