Although we use our feet everyday, we tend to not give them enough attention. The truth is our feet are absused each day. All that running around, walking and even just standing every single day batter the feet and our toenails too. This is why we really should give our feet and toenails a good dose of tender loving care no matter what season it is!
When you give proper caring to your feet and toenails, you would avoid having to deal with fungal infections like athlete’s foot. Now that the summer season is bringing on the heat, many would be wearing flip flops and sandals, leaving the feet and toenails exposed. You would not want to leave them looking unattractive for all the world to see, would you? But you should also remember to care for your feet and toenails even when the colder season hits and they are well hidden in socks and boots!
So for guys and gals out there here are some helpful care tips for your feet and toenails!
- Make washing your feet a daily habit! Don’t forget to scrub those areas in between your toes with soap. If you don’t have the time to take a shower at night, at least do wash your feet. You would not want to dirty up your bed (we’re talking about bringing in microbes and grime to your bed) would you? At the end of the day, with all that running and moving around, your feet have been exposed to dirt, dust and pollution. Even if you were wearing a closed pair of shoes, you’ll need to wash your feet before retiring to bed. See to it that you dry your feet by gently wiping them with a soft towel.
- A pedicure should be in place every fortnight. A pedicure does not have to involve painting your nails. Regualrly giving your feet a good pedicure will help keep the skin and soles of your feet soft and your toenails clean. Don’t think that a regular pedicure will cost you a lot of money. You don’t even have to step into a salon to get this done.
Here’s how you can do a “Do It Yourself” Pedicure
- a basin large enough to soak your feet in
- Moroccan Argan oil
- lukewarm water
- foot scrub
- foot file
- Pour the lukewarm water in the basin and put a few drops of the oil in. Soak your feet for about 10 minutes. The Argan oil will help soften and moisturise the skin. Your toenails will also be strengthened and cuticles moisturised thanks to the Vitamin E and essential fatty acids in the oil!
- Massage your feet using the foot scrub. Remember to massage in a circular motion. Using a foot file or stone pumice exfoliate the hard skin on your heels and the soles of your feet. Exfoliating your feet means that your dry and dead skin are sloughed off. Just remember to be gentle. Tap dry your feet and cut your toenails straight! Coat your toenails and your cuticles with the oil too so they are kept moisturised.