A hot bath is always a relaxing treat. But most bath salts sold commercially are irritating to the skin turning your super relaxing hot bath into a not so comfortable one.
If you want pure hot bath bliss, you should try getting organic sodium salts for your bath. Not only do organic sodium salts soften water, it also improves your soap’s cleansing prowess. This way, you get to relax without having to deal with irritated skin after your hot bath and as a bonus your body gets cleaned very well.
If you have some spare time in your hands, you can actually make your own bath salts. By making your own bath salts you have complete control on what gets added into your salts ensuring that your skin stays safe and free from irritation. Seaweed and French green clay are two great ingredients to add into your bath salts. These two ingredients promote healing.
If you want to keep your skin moisturized and youthful, the best seaweed to add is the bladderwack as it has soothing, moisturizing and anti-aging properties. You can add natural ingredients in your Do-It-Yourself bath salts that will work together to give you a soothing and relaxing bath.
Ready to give this DIY project a try?
Things You Will Need
- Sea Salt – You’ll need about 2 cups.
- Baking Soda – You’ll need half a cup.
- Epsom salts – This is optional but if you have tired and aching muscles epsom salts can give you relief. You’ll need half a cup of it.
- Organic powdered seaweed or French green clay – If you would be using seaweed, you’ll need 1 tbsp. while for the clay, you’ll need 1/8 cup.
- Argan oil – About 20 – 30 drops. You can also use other essential oils. However, Argan oil is an excellent choice as it holds numerous nutrients that give much love to the skin such as Vitamin E, essential fatty acids, Sterols, Prostaglandins and numerous other antioxidants. The oil also has anti-inflammatory properties therefore giving you relief from muscle pains and body aches.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- A small bowl
- Wire whisk
- A dropper
- A glass jar with a tight lid
- Grab your bowl and put in the sea salt and baking soda.
- Add in the French green clay or seaweed into the bowl and then the epsom salts.
- Using a dropper, add in Argan oil into the bowl. Be sure to add one drop at a time.
- Grab your wire whisk and start mixing. Grab your porous cloth and cover the bowl with it. Leave it overnight to dry. In the morning start mixing it again using your whisk.
- Pour into your glass jar and close the lid.
Excited to use your homemade bath salts? Add ¼ to ½ cup of the salts into your warm water and soak for at least 10 minutes.
Keep asking your friends to like our Facebook page and we’ll keep posting more health and beauty tips!