Teenage life is hard to deal with. Peer pressure, hormonal changes, confidence issues and emotional roller coaster are the things that most teenagers deal with. Add to this acne or pimple breakouts and teenage life can be a nightmare to deal with at some point especially for young ladies.
Facing the boy you have had a big crush on for so many years (since 4th grade perhaps) with pimples all over your face can be really a confidence breaker. In fact such can be an awkward (more on embarrassing) moment. You might just wish for the ground to open up and swallow you right there and then.
Acne breakouts are very common to teenage girls because of the hormonal changes the body is experiencing. However such breakouts can be remedied and the remedy is not wishing for the ground to open and swallow you.
Taking Care of Acne Breakouts
- Keep your face clean by washing it twice a day. Wash your face once in the morning and wash it again before you put your night cap on and dream about your dream boy. It is best to use a mild and gentle acne soap and warm water when washing your face. Never scrub your face as this can irritate your skin. Instead massage your face gently using circular motions.
- To remove excessive oil of your skin as well as bacteria, apply a facial lotion with the ingredient benzoyl peroxide.
- Never pop your pimples. Just let your zits be no matter how unattractive they look like. They would go away faster and you would avoid scarring if you don’t pop them. If you have already done some pimple popping from before and the scars of your pimple popping days remind you everyday of this mistake, you can apply Argan oil to remove the scars of your pimple past. Argan oil contains Vitamin E, Sterols, unsaturated essential fatty acids, Prostaglandind and other antioxidants that help the skin regenerate and repair damaged skin cells thus healing scars.
- Stop yourself from touching your face with your fingers. Find something to do when your hands are idle. Also avoid putting your phone in contact with your face as phones do collect sebum (oil) and residue of the skin. Touching the face can spread the infection so make sure that you have washed your hands first before you touch it or apply anything on your face.
- Clean your sunglasses regularly. This is so your sunglasses do not clog your pores around the eyes and nose with oil.
- Do not ever sleep with your make up on. If you follow tip number one then most definitely sleeping in with your make up still on your face will never happen. If you are going out with your friends reserve some energy for face washing before sleeping.
- Wash your hair regularly and keep it clean and away from your face to prevent clogging your pores with dirt and oil.
- Use sunscreen lotion to protect your skin from the harmful UV rays from the sun.
As teens we all know how hard headed we can be at such age but if you want to get rid of your pimples (in time for the prom or spring break) and have no scars to remind you of your once a pimply face phase then you should listen and follow these tips.