You do a lot of preparations for winter. You check your cars, home and even your wardrobes get extra attention. You ensure that they are ready for the coming winter months. What about your skin? Do you prepare your skin as well?
If you are like many others, the cold days of winter bring more than just rosiness to your cheeks. The biting winds and freezing temperatures bring uncomfortable dryness to the skin of your hands, face and feet. Dry, flaky skin, chapped lips and dull unappealing skin are just some of the skin problems associated with the winter season.
Winter Skin Care Tips
With cold and bitter winds just a few months away, you should do best to prepare and avoid these unpleasant effects on your skin. Get to know your skin a little and learn how you can counter the effects of winter conditions on your skin. A little adjustment on your skin care routine can make a big difference. Help improve the overall health of your skin by getting it ready to face the cold months ahead. Here are some winter skin care tips to help you along.
- Always carry a lip balm and hand cream on your purse wherever you go. Moisturize your hand every time you wash them. Frequent hand washing can dry out your skin as water and soap strips off your natural skin oil. Apply lip balm as often as you can to prevent your lips from cracking and bleeding.
- Use gloves to prevent dry hands and cracked fingers. Protect your hands when doing household chores such as washing windows and gardening. Exposure to water actually dehydrates the skin faster because as the water evaporates, so does the moisture from your skin.
- Use sunscreen every day. Even when the sun is not shining bright or is hiding behind the clouds, never ever skip the sunscreen. The sun’s harmful UV rays can still wreak havoc on your skin and cause serious damage. Apply sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher before heading out to protect against wrinkles, sunspots and even skin cancer.
- Shower daily. Keeping your skin clean everyday is very important. Avoid using very hot water for your bath. Don’t stay long under the water and shorten your bath time instead. Hot water strips off the natural oils from your skin causing it to become dry. Choose a mild soap and stay away from colored and fragrant soaps which can be harsh on your skin.
- Keep your skin moisturized. Moisturize immediately after washing or bathing. Pat your skin lightly with a soft towel then apply a lotion or cream while your skin is still damp. This will seal in moisture to your skin.
- Choose a really good moisturizer. This is the most important winter skin care step. Your skin is extremely susceptible to dryness during winter and extra care should be taken to prevent this from happening. Use argan oil, a 100% natural oil that acts as a powerful moisturizer.This wonderful oil contains a high level of essential fatty acids which help to prevent the skin from becoming dry and keeping it moisturized. It contains vitamin E, phenols and beta carotene which are powerful antioxidants that fight the free radicals and minimize its damage. Argan oil nourishes the skin and provides anti-aging benefits as well.
Prepare your skin for the cold months of winter ahead. Follow these simple tips to keep your skin beautiful and strong and keep winter skin problems away.