Some may say that women worry too much about their skin. Well, the truth is there is really much to worry about the skin. Everyday the skin is subjected to elements that give it a good battering. There’s the sun with its UV rays, fumes from automobiles, dust, strong winds, pollution, dirt and grime which everyday the skin would have to face.
These elements can cause the skin to become dry, too oily, have wrinkles, dark spots, acne and blemishes. Aside from these environmental factors stress also puts a toll on the skin. Breakouts and wrinkles can also happen to the skin when under a lot of stress.
Let us not forget about cosmetic products. Many women wear make up everyday. Cosmetic products can also irritate the skin and clog pores resulting to pimples, whiteheads and or blackheads popping out.
One last thing that women have to worry about is hormonal changes. Surging hormones can cause acne breakouts.
With all of these things put together how can a woman keep her skin smooth, clean, clear and beautiful? That is the million dollar question for many women all over the world. The answer is not worth million dollars luckily. In fact skin care should not cost you a lot.
You might be surprised with this statement and even disagree. You are not the only one who thinks that caring for the skin means shelling out thousands of dollars every year. In fact many women all over the globe think that skin care is worth a great fortune.
Well the great news is this is absolutely not true. Caring for the skin is actually affordable. Here are steps on how you should care for your skin.
How to Care for the Skin
- Know your skin type. You can easily tell if your skin is dry, oily, oily and dry or acne prone. To be sure what skin type you have you should visit your dermatologist.
- Visit your dermatologist at least once a year. Your skin doctor would also be able to give you proper treatment on your skin problems and recommend proper skin care. Your skin doctor will also check your skin for any signs of cancer such as abnormal mole growth. The earlier you catch skin cancer the better is the prognosis.
- Wash your face twice a day with a mild cleanser for your skin type. Your soap should never touch your skin on the face. Soap strips off the essential oils and the moisture of your skin leaving it very dry. By the way twice a day means once in the morning and once before sleeping in. Never sleep with your make up on.
- Apply a moisturiser daily. There is a moisturiser formulated for every skin type and you should get the moisturiser that suits your skin type. Argan oil is one of the most potent moisturiser out in the market. Argan oil is not just a moisturiser. It actually contains components that help fight skin aging.
- Protect the skin from the sun everyday by applying sunscreen lotion. Whenever you are going out the door and would be exposed outside no matter how short it may be you need to have your skin protected. The sun’s UV rays are very damaging to the skin. It does not take a long time for the UV rays to destroy DNA and collagen.
Follow these 5 steps and surely your skin would start improving.