Have you been thinking about how to keep your skin looking and feeling young? Whenever skin care is mentioned most women (as not many men actually do care about their skin) think about skin or beauty products. In fact many women would compare what beauty products they are using.
The truth is proper skin care goes deeper than the creams, lotions and oils one applies to the skin. Of course the beauty and skin products that you use will help but it does not stop there. It may be ironic but proper skin care is actually skin deep.
Care for Your Skin from Within
- Eat a balanced diet! You should see to it that you are giving your entire body the proper nutrition it needs. Our body needs a constant supply of protein, carbohydrates, fibers and healthy fats. You should know that leafy greens and fruits packed with antioxidants are great for the skin and so are fish oils like omega 3 and omega 9 fatty acids.
- Get moving! Working out is great for the skin and for your overall health. Working out will make you sweat to release toxins thus cleansing the skin. It also keeps the extra weight off. Added fats can sometimes lead to skin breakouts. Exercising is a great way to get that glowing complexion. Don’t get into the routine of women throwing in every excuse there is in the book. Too busy, too tired all just boils down to “too lazy”. You can always squeeze in a few physical activities everyday. Instead of driving to work, walk or ride your bicycle. Or you can head straight to the stairs than wait for the elevator doors to open.
- Get enough sleep! Staying out too late partying or just watching the movies until the crack of dawn is not healthy for your skin or your body. The body replenishes and repairs itself when at sleep at night. Do not allow your body to lose sleep as this would have a great impact on your health. See to it that you sleep for at least 8 hours a night.
- Quit smoking and quit drinking alcoholic beverages! Cigarettes can give rise to wrinkles and fine lines making you look older. This is because cigarette smokes produce free radicals that destroy collagen. Alcohol dries out the skin. If you can’t completely cut out alcoholic drinks, see to it that you drink moderately and occasionally.
Skin Care from the Outside
- Daily application of sunscreen is essential! If you would be going out of your house during the day you need to lather on sunscreen lotion to your skin at least 15 minutes before leaving. This is so the skin is protected from the damaging effects of UV or Ultra Violet rays.
- Argan oil galore! Use Argan oil as your skin moisturizer. It is best to apply this oil on the skin after bathing or before turning in to bed. The best thing about Argan oil is that it does not only moisturise the skin but also protects it from skin aging.
If you want young looking (and feeling) skin then you should care for it both from within and from the outside!