The heat is up and we are already in the season of flip flops and sandals. And of course, no one would want to put in display a bad looking feet and toenails! If you are still not letting your feet breathe because you feel like they are not up for display, you should start a routine of feet and toenail care. Here are some helpful tips that would get you comfortable with baring it all in public. Your feet that is!
- Wash your feet daily! – You need to practice this good habit at least 2 times a day. Once in the morning and once before going to bed. You must also remember to always dry your feet. Moist feet are ideal environment for fungi, bacteria and other microbes. You would not want a community of these organisms in your feet!
- Pamper your feet and toenails with a pedicure! – You can head out to a nail salon to have a professional give you one or you can do it yourself. It is really quite easy to pull off a DIY pedicure. You’ll just need a basin filled with lukewarm water and a few drops of Moroccan Argan oil. The oil is the key ingredient in softening the skin on your feet and moisturising your cuticles. The oil will also make your nails stronger. Give your feet a good 10-minute of soaking to soften hardened skin.
- Slough off dead skin cells! – After giving your feet a good soak, it is time to exfoliate. Slough off dead skin cells with a foot scrub and a foot file. If you don’t have a foot file, a pumice stone will do. Remember to exfoliate gently.
- Trim your toenails! – After exfoliating, move on to trimming your toenails. Cut your nails straight and of course with the aid of nail clippers. You can also give your cuticles some gentle pushing inwards.
- Moisturise and moisturise some more! – Make it a habit to moisturise the skin on your feet especially your heels and the insoles. All that running and walking will harden the skin under the feet. So make it a habit to moisturise your feet daily! The Moroccan Argan oil is a potent moisturiser because of its high levels of Vitamin E, essential fatty acids and Sterols. All of these have moisturising properties. Your nails and cuticles would also need some moisturising. So don’t skip coating your nails and massaging the cuticles with this oil!
- Spray a foot powder or apply a foot cream! – This is really important especially this summer season. Most foot creams and foot powders are formulated to avoid bacteria and fungi from accumulating on your feet. There are also anti-perspiration foot powders and foot sprays that you can use to avoid fungi and bacteria from thriving and therefore avoiding getting that funky feet smell.
By following these tips, you’d be able to proudly display your feet!