They say that anyone can learn how to cook. Do you agree? Perhaps there is much truth in this but mastering cooking and coming up with tasty and delectable dishes may not be for everyone. Indeed, perhaps anyone can learn how to cook. But you either can be a great cook or a bad cook. Anyone can agree or disagree with this sentiment of mine
If you are you ready to put your culinary skills to test, you should try out the easiest dishes. The reason is simple. Well, because it’s easy, end of story. Here’s a really easy recipe for rib-eye beef steak. I had to write down “really easy” to convince you further. In just an hour, you can have the rib-eye steak ready. You would be peppered with praises once your guests get to taste this dish you cooked up.
Really Easy Rib-Eye Steak
You don’t have to worry about trying to figure out the ingredients you would need for this recipe. All of the ingredients are very common and easy to find.
- Sour Cream– You would need just half a cup.
- Mustard – Pick out the coarse grain brown mustard. You will need just 2 tablespoons.
- Rib-Eye Beef – Remember to pick out the boneless one. You will need about 1 and 1/2 pounds if you would be serving for 4 people. The cut should be about 1 and 1/4 – 1 and 1/2 -inch thick.
- Olive Oil – You just need 2 tablespoons.
- Carrots – You’ll need 4 medium ones. Peel them and cut them in wedges.
- Onion – The red onion is ideal to use in this recipe but you can use the white one. Just use 1 and cut it in wedges.
- Chicken Broth – Get the 32-ounce reduced-sodium broth.
- New potatoes – About a pound will do. If they are too big cut them in half.
- Fresh Spinach – About a pound will do.
- Moroccan Argan Oil – You’ll need just 2 tablespoons. This will add a nutty taste to your beef steak.
- Salt and Pepper – To taste.
- Brown Sugar – About a teaspoon.
- Mix your sour cream and mustard and refrigerate.
- Heat your oven to 170 degrees Fahrenheit and start heating your skillet in medium-high heat.
- Get your beef and coat them with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Brown both sides of the meat in the skillet for 4 minutes. Put them in a plate once done and set aside.
- Add another tablesspon of olive oil on the skillet and out in your carrots and onions. Cook them for 5 minutes and keep stirring until they are brown. Add in your potatoes and broth and let it boil.
- Once it boils, lower the heat, cover the skillet and continue cooking.
- Put the beef back on the skillet and let it simmer for 8 minutes. If you want the beef to be medium well-done, simmer it for 10 minutes.
- Put the vegetables and beef on an oven-safe platter and keep it warm. Put in the spinach in the broth and cook for about 4 minutes and add the spinach on the platter.
- Drizzle over some of the broth on the platter as well as the Argan oil right before serving. Don’t forget to serve the mustard and sour cream sauce you made.