Since spring temperatures this year are mirroring the summer warmth why not feed yourself the flavours of summer already? This is most especially if you are in the central Plains and western Texas areas. In some parts of Europe particularly Scotland, much warmer spring temperatures are being felt as well. So here’s a spring ala summer fresh herb salad. the dressing is defintely summer inspired! How about that creamy and lemon tasting dressing? Definitely a winner!
Summer Fresh Herb Salad in Spring
Since the temperatures are climbing higher it is best to munch on fresh salads that would cool you down. First off let us go through the ingredients.
- Lemons – You will need 2 medium sized lemons. You will need to peel the lemons and shred the peels. Of course, you’ll need the lemon juice.
- Garlic – 3 cloves of garlic is what you will need. You will have to mince them.
- Dijon-style mustard – All you need is just 2 teaspoons. You can easily get Dijon style mustard in the grocery store or if you know how to make one, feel free to do so.
- Moroccan Argan Oil – You will need only about a quarter to half a cup. The Moroccan Argan oil is packed with Vitamin E and unsaturated essential fatty acids. The oil can help lower your cholesterol levels therefore protecting you from developing heart diseases.
- Sour Cream – You will also need about half a cup.
- Lettuce – 2-3 medium heads is all you would need. If you like mixed baby salad greens, 6 – 8 cups will do. Just tear the leaves.
- Fresh Herbs – Feel free to use the herbs you like the most. Basil, mint, parsley, rosemary are ideal for this salad. You just have to tear the herbs.
- Radishes – You will need about a dozen of them. Make sure to slice them thinly.
- Salt and Pepper – For the dressing.
- Making the salad is very easy. Just tear up the leaves and herbs and place them in a bowl and toss them together Slice the radishes which would go in as a salad topping.
Now on with the dressing.
- All you need to do is mix the lemon peel and juice, garlic, mustard and about a quarter teaspoon of salt as well as pepper.
- Once done, start whisking in the oil until the mixture becomes thick.
- The last step is to whisk in the sour cream.
You can serve the salad already tossed in the dressing or serve the leaves and the dressing separately. This salad is best served with grilled chicken or grilled beef! Not only is this salad very delicious, it is also very healthy. If you are trying to get back on the healthy track, start switching to healthier meals like this fresh herb salad!