How does your skin feel to the touch? If your skin is soft and smooth then you are one of those women that many women all over the globe envy. If you are suffering from dry skin then you are one of the many women who suffer from such skin condition.
There are many factors that can cause dry skin. Seasonal changes, environmental changes, hormonal changes and even genes are the factors causing dry skin. However the good news is that dry skin can be treated and you don’t have to spend thousands of dollars to make your skin soft and smooth to the touch. It’s quite easy in fact.
How to Care for Dry Skin
- If you are suffering from dry skin this means that your skin lacks moisture. You need to moisturise daily. Argan oil is among the best moisturisers available today in the market. It is rich with essential unsaturated fatty acids, Vitamin E, Sterols, Squalene, Polyphenols, Carotenoids, Prostaglandins, Linoleic acid and Ferulic acid. These components of the Argan oil do not just moisturise the skin but also prevent skin aging. The skin is also protected from being damaged by UV rays and free radicals.
- For people who are suffering from dry and flaky skin you would need to moisturise the skin every time that your skin gets wet and not just after taking baths or showers. For example after washing the dishes you need to moisturise your hands as water washes away essential oils that keep the skin moisturised.
- In washing your face always use gentle cleansers with moisturising ingredients. Never use soap as this would dry out the skin even further. You should also switch to body wash for washing your body. Soaps rob the skin of its oils leaving it dry.
- Avoid hot baths or hot showers as this would further dry out your skin. Lukewarm water is the best option. Also cut down your bath or shower time. Staying too long in water will dry out the skin further as water washes away the essential oils that the skin needs. Spend at most 15 minutes in bathing or showering.
- Remember to pat your skin dry and not rub madly your towel against your skin. Patting dry your skin helps the skin lock in moisture while rubbing it dry strips off essential oils and water drying the skin further. Rubbing dry your already dry skin can also cause skin irritation.
- Scrub and exfoliate twice or thrice in a week. Exfoliating rids the skin of dead skin cells that were shed. It is important to note that everyday your body sheds off dead skin cells. Don’t just let your dead skin cells pile up. You need to exfoliate and if you have dry skin the more you need to do so. You can get an exfoliating scrub from your local drug store or you can make your very own. Salt, sugar and a few drops of honey or olive oil is an effective mixture that will exfoliate your body. Simply rub to your skin gently and then rinse.
These six steps of dry skin care are definitely easy to follow.