Many women think that having beautiful hair means paying your salon a hefty sum of money. This is actually not true. Working to achieve a beautiful hair is actually very inexpensive.
If you are getting frustrated with your dry, brittle and frizzy hair and you have spent thousands of your hard earned money on treatments and different hair products take a deep breath and follow these steps.
Hair Care 101
- Protect your hair from the elements. The sun, the wind, cold temperature and pollution can actually cause your hair to dry out. You should do your best to always protect your hair when you are going out into the elements. During the winter time, protect your hair from the wind and cold temperature by wearing a hat. During the summer if you would be under the sun make sure that you are wearing your summer hat. It is also ideal to use a hair care product that has sun protection. This would help protect the hair from being damaged by the sun. Even if it is winter time you should still use a hair care product offering sun protection.
- Cut down on chemical treatments. Your hair is battered everyday by the elements of nature and it needs no additional harsh battering from chemicals applied on the hair during treatments. Go easy on hair treatments such as hair colouring, perms, straightening and other treatments that use chemicals. Chemicals actually damage the hair leaving it dry, brittle as well as frizzy. Wait until your hair has recovered and regained its health from your previous hair treatment before doing another one.
- Stick to a healthy diet. What you eat actually affects your hair. Brittle hair can also actually be because your body lacks vitamins and nutrients. To avoid any vitamin deficiency you should see to it that you eat a balanced meal everyday. Your meals should have carbohydrates, protein and fibres. If your plate has been missing your daily serving of greens start adding greens and fruits to your diet. Stay away from unhealthy food like those you order from fast food chains. Greasy and oil drenched food are just bad for your health.
- Wash your hair using a mild shampoo. Harsh chemicals will just dry out your hair. Look for a mild shampoo made for dry hair. This type of shampoo will bring back moisture to your hair. You should also avoid shampooing your hair everyday. Once or twice a week of shampooing is actually enough.
- Apply conditioner daily. Conditioning the hair brings back moisture to the hair preventing it to become dry. It is best to use Argan oil as your daily conditioner because it is packed with Vitamin E. You can also use Argan oil as your deep conditioner. Massage your hair and scalp with this oil and wrap your head with a hot towel and leave it on overnight or at least 30 minutes before applying shampoo.
You can have that beautiful and silky hair without spending thousands and thousands more of your hard earned money on salons and treatments. Simply follow these 5 steps and you are on your way to having a crowing glory you would be proud to walk around with.