Preparing breakfast can be a drag for many of us. This is especially if you are not a morning person and you have tons of things to attend to. Many of us just pour cereals and milk in a bowl and breakfast is served. Sure cereals are a great time-saver but if your or your family’s breakfast is always a bowl of cereals, this can be a drab especially for the taste buds.
Make your family’s breakfast a little bit more special by preparing Huevos Rancheros! This dish will sure brighten the day! The very name sounds very intimidating especially if you have very little experience tinkering in the kitchen. However this breakfast dish is very easy to prepare and won’t take much of your time as well. You can also serve the Huevos Rancheros for dinner!
Here are the ingredients you will need for this tasty breakfast (or dinner) treat! This recipe serves 4 so if you’re family is bigger do the necessary adjustments on the ingredients.
- Black Beans – You will need 1 can of the 15.5 ouncer. Rinse the beans.
- Lime Juice – Squeeze out just 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice.
- Cumin – Half a tablespoon of ground cumin is enough.
- Olive Oil – 3 tablespoons is all you would need.
- Corn Tortillas – Just grab the small ones. You’ll need 4 pieces.
- Eggs – 4 large-sized eggs is enough.
- Salsa – All you need is 1 cup.
- Cheese – You’ll need 4 ounces of cheese. You can use queso fresco or Feta cheese.
- Avocado – You’ll need just 1 piece of avocado. Remove the skin and seed and cut it up.
- Cilantro – Make sure you grab fresh leaves only. You will need about a quarter cup.
Now that you have all the ingredients, it is time to get those hands at work. Total time of preparing this recipe is around 20 minutes. This is surely a breeze!
- Step Number 1. Start with heating your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step Number 2. Grab a medium-sized bowl and put in the beans, lime juice, cumin and just a tablespoon of olive oil. Mix them well.
- Step Number 3. Now, turn your attention to the corn tortillas. With a tablespoon of olive oil, start brushing both sides of the corn tortillas, then place them on your rimmed baking sheet once done. Put them on the oven and bake for about 10 minutes or until the tortillas get crisp.
- Step Number 4. Grab your skillet and start heating the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in it over a medium heat. Once heated, pour in the eggs and cook for about 3 minutes or once the whites are cooked.
- Step Number 5. It’s time to plate! Place the eggs on the corn tortillas and then top it off with the beans, salsa, cheese and fresh cilantro leaves!
Voila! Breakfast is served!
Loved having this breakfast? Don’t forget to share this recipe to your friends and loved ones on Facebook, Twitter or through email!