They say wisdom comes with age. And while a lot of people want to gain wisdom, most would not want to look old. In the ideal world, this scenario is possible. Modern times have enabled people to discover hidden treasures that slow down aging. And one of the rarest anti-aging products in the market today is the Moroccan Argan oil.
What Is Skin Aging
First things first, let us discuss skin aging briefly. The human body is made up of millions of cells. These cells need their food in order to function and survive. This requirement is satisfied through a proper diet enriched with vitamins and nutrients.
Unfortunately, as each day passes, cells in the outer layer of your skin die off and are shed by the skin. The good thing is, they have the ability to regenerate. When a person is still young, the skin cells can regenerate rapidly. But as you grow older, the process slows down making your skin lose its vitality.
The presence of collagen and elastin also influences the state of your skin. They are responsible for making your skin elastic and supple. But these also needs to be replenished and as one grows older, the replenishment also slows down. As your skin becomes less elastic, fine lines and wrinkles start appearing.
Other factors that speed up skin aging include prolonged sun exposure, smoking and pollution.
How To Slow Down Skin Aging
There are many easy ways to delay skin aging. All it takes is the commitment to care for your skin tirelessly. While some people are blessed with excellent genes for fair, healthy and young-looking skin, you cannot trust genes alone to do the job.
You should never neglect your skin but rather you should practice proper care when you want to look young for along long time. Here are a few helpful ways to do this.
- Clean your skin everyday. Remove makeup before going to sleep at night. For your face and neck, use a gentle cleanser and gently pat your skin dry.
- Moisturize your skin. The loss of moisture makes the skin look dull, lifeless and older. Prevent your skin from getting dry by applying moisturizer that is suitable for your skin type. Do this after bathing or washing.
- Wear sunscreen. This is a cardinal rule in proper skin care. Unprotected exposure to the sun’s harmful UV rays is the number one culprit in skin aging. Experts recommend the use of broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30 when you are regularly outdoors, even when it is cloudy and reapply every two hours.
- Keep yourself hydrated. Water does not only hydrate the internal organs of the body and keeps them running but it also hydrates the skin, keeping it moisturized and healthy.
- Apply Morocan Argan oil to your skin regularly. This all-natural oil is rich in antioxidants, specifically vitamin E that combats the harsh effects of free radicals. Free radicals is a catalyst of skin aging.