Many skin care tips have been written and uttered. Perhaps you have already heard a multitude of them. Perhaps you have also been urged to try certain skin care products by your peers, loved ones, friends, and the media with some of them working well for your skin while some, not so good.
But what many people forget is that skin care is not just about products, treatments or even skin care regimens and techniques. There are also certain foods (and drinks) that give the skin great benefits.
Here are some of the foods (and drinks) that help give you beautiful skin!
7 Superfoods for Your Skin
- Avocados – Avocados are a great addition to salads and sushi and are an excellent dip. They are packed with biotin which helps prevent the skin from getting dry. Biotin also helps avoid brittle hair and nails. Packed with Vitamin E, an antioxidant, avocados help keep your skin protected from the harsh effects of free radicals and keep the skin moisturized. If you are not too fond of eating avocados, you can apply it to your skin topically. Make your own moisturizing mask by pitting an avocado and pureeing or mashing the pulp. Simply pat it on your face and leave it on for about 20 minutes then rinse with water.
- Green tea – Yes, you definitely can sip your way to healthy skin. Green tea contains a high amount of polyphenols, making it one of the most skin-beneficial drinks. Try to have at least four cups of this skin-friendly drink in a day.
- Tomatoes – If you want to keep your skin youthful, include tomatoes in your anti-aging arsenal. Tomatoes are rich in lycopene and carotenoids, both an antioxidant. These antioxidant can help slow down cellular damage from free radicals.
- Salmon – Noticing some fine lines on your skin? Bring back your skin’s youthfulness by eating some salmon. Salmon can slow down skin aging thanks to its astaxanthin, a carotenoid. It improves the skin’s elasticity therefore minimizing the appearance of fine lines.
- Eggs – Eggs are a great source of protein and protein helps repair cells that have been damaged by free radicals. Aside from keeping the skin youthful, eggs can also help keep the skin moisturized as they also contain biotin.
- Pomegranates – If there is one fruit that you should love, it is pomegranate. Pomegranates bolster your immune system and help keep your skin healthy, beautiful and youthful thanks to its high content of antioxidants. Pomegranates can also help improve collagen production and help hasten skin repair.
- Walnuts – Walnuts are considered to be a wonder food. These nuts have tons of health benefits and of course beauty benefits too. Packed with Omega-3 fatty acids, walnuts will help keep your skin smoother and younger looking. Omega – 3 fatty acids also add shine and luster to your hair. So for your snacks, munch on walnuts instead of potato chips. You can also sprinkle them in your favorite salads or to add a crunch in your oats, add a few nuts in it. If you are not a fan of eating fish, you can make walnuts as a substitute.
Include these super foods in your skin care arsenal!
Like our Facebook page and share these tips to your friends.