If you want beautiful skin then you should know how to take care of your skin properly. Many women care for their skin but the bad news is some women actually do more harm on their skin than good with their care regimen.
How do you care for your skin? Are you sure you are not harming your skin? Are you absolutely certain? Before you become paranoid with the things you might be doing wrong, here are some of the most common skin care mistakes committed.
Most Common Skin Care Mistakes
- You can use any mild cleanser in washing your face. This is absolutely a mistake. Cleansers are formulated specifically for the different types of skin. Be sure that you pick the gentle cleanser that is specified for your skin type.
- You should wash your face as often as possible. Most women are concerned about the skin getting dirt or getting oily. What they do often is wash the face whenever it starts shining or feeling sticky. This is actually another mistake that you should avoid. Over washing the face robs the skin of its essential oils and natural moisture. Obviously this would leave your skin dry. In some cases the skin actually does a countermeasure when stripped off its essential oil. The sebaceous glands will start producing more sebum or its natural oils. If you have an oily skin type washing often would do you no good. The same is true with any type of skin. You should stick to just washing the face daily which is once after waking up and once before hitting the sack.
- Using sunscreen lotion only when hitting the beach. Many people, not just women, commit this mistake. For some strange reason many people believe that sunscreen lotion is just used when going to the beach. Sunscreen lotion means a protection from the sun. It is not only at the beach that the sun shines is it? The sun’s UV rays cause wrinkles and fine lines. In fact this is the leading cause of wrinkles. Not only do you need to apply sunscreen lotion daily to avoid wrinkles. You should more importantly be concerned about protecting yourself from getting skin cancer. The sun’s UV rays can actually cause skin cancer. When it comes to sunscreen lotions, the higher the SPF or Sun Protection Factor, the better it is for your skin. You should also see to it that you apply sunscreen lotion on your skin at least 15 minutes before you go out your door.
- Skipping the moisturiser. Moisturising the skin is very important. The skin loses its moisture through sweat and washing. You do notice that you sweat everyday. Exposure to elements such as the sun, wind and cold temperature also robs the skin of its moisture. If you want to avoid dry and flaky skin then you should moisturise your skin everyday.
- Not using Argan oil on the skin. Your skin would be missing out a lot of benefits if you don’t use this oil on your skin. Argan oil is packed with components that benefit the skin such as Sterols, Carotenoids, Vitamin E, essential unsaturated fatty acids, Ferulic acid and other antioxidants.
So have you been doing your skin good or just harm?