The summer season is almost over. It’s time once again to give your menu a makeover. As the temperature starts getting cooler, you should start cooking up dishes that will keep you and your family warm. Let the aroma of hearty soups waft through the air.
Here’s a hearty and healthy soup recipe with squash paired with cream style corn!
This soup would only take 25 minutes to prepare and we have the recipe that serves 8! Perfect for a family!
Let us first get to what you will need for this recipe!
- Bacon Strips – You’ll need about 12 strips. Dice them.
- Onion – Just a medium-sized onion will do. Have them chopped.
- Celery – A stalk or a rib of celery would do. You’ll need to chop the celery too.
- Chicken Broth – A can of 14 1/2 ounces is what you’ll need.
- Butternut Squash – Mash the squash. 6 cups is all you need.
- Cream Style Corn – Get the 8 3/4 ouncer. You’ll need 2 cans.
- Half-and-half cream – You’ll need 2 cups.
- Parsley – Best to use fresh parsley. You’ll need a tablespoon of minced parsley.
- Salt – You’ll need just 1 and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Pepper – 1/2 teaspoon is enough.
- Flour – A teaspoon would be enough.
- Sour cream – This is an optional ingredient.
- Culinary Moroccan Argan oil – Add this oil into your soup for that healthy boost. The culinary Argan oil is packed with antioxidants and essential fatty acids making the oil great for the heart, brain and the immune system. 1-2 tablespoons is enough for that healthy punch!
Now that we have listed everything you need for this recipe, let’s start making this hearty soup!
- Get your large saucepan and start cooking the bacon strips over medium fire or heat. Once the strips are crisp, remove frm pan and let them sit on a paper towel to drain out the oil.
- Scoop out at least 2 tablespoons of the bacon drippings from the pan and set it aside first. Drain the remaining drippings from the pan and wipe the pan with a paper towel.
- Pour the 2 tablespoons of drippings in the pan and start sauteing the onions and celery until they become tender. Put in the flour making sure to stir it in until blended. Slowly add in the broth while stirring. Let it boil then continue to cook and stir for 2 more minutes until the liquid becomes thickened.
- Lower the heat and start stirring in the squash, corn, cream, parsley and bacon. Add in the salt and pepper too! Continue cooking and stirring until everything is heated. You can garnish the soup with sour cream if you want. Don’t forget to drizzle the soup with culinary Argan oil right before serving!
Keep warm this fall season with a hearty-home cooked soup! Share and enjoy with loved ones!