When women talk about beauty they would most likely dwell on skin beauty. Some are lucky to have naturally beauty skin while some are cursed by the heavens with skin that either is rough, dry, very oily or very pimply. Worse there are some women who suffer from premature skin aging or have acne scars.
The most common practice that women do is to hide these skin problems with make up. What they don’t know is that this method of addressing skin problems actually makes things worse. Make up actually contains ingredients that irritate the skin further. Also make up clogs the pores of the skin and attracts more dirt, dust, oil and grime.
If you want to solve your skin problems you need to know the proper way of caring for your skin. Here are some tips on how you can achieve beautiful, smooth, clear and glowing skin.
- First off you need to know your skin type. Skin care products are specifically formulated for specific skin types. What works for your sister or colleague may not be the best skin care product for your skin type.
- Visit your skin doctor at least once a year. Your dermatologist would be the best person to turn to for advice on treatments and what products you should use for your skin type. Also your dermatologist will inspect your skin for any abnormal mole growth that can indicate skin cancer. Skin cancer diagnosed at its early stage generally has good prognosis.
- Use a mild cleanser suited for your skin type in washing your face. Avoid any product that has alcohol in its ingredient. Also do not get into the habit of washing your face that often. You only need to wash your face twice in a day. That is once after waking up and once before tucking in at night.
- Moisturise your skin daily. It is best to use Argan oil as your moisturiser as this oil does not only have moisturising properties but also anti aging properties. Argan oil is actually packed with essential fatty acids, Sterols, Vitamin E, Polyphenols, Carotenoids, Ferulic acid, Linoleic acid, Prostaglandins and other antioxidants.
- Use sun protection lotion everyday. If you go out of your house daily then you need to apply sunscreen lotion to your skin every single day. UV rays from the sun damage the collagen of the skin resulting to wrinkles. This is not only the thing you want to protect your skin from the sun’s rays. Skin cancer is also caused by frequent unprotected exposure to UV rays. At least 15 minutes before you open your front door and go about your day outdoors lather on a liberal amount of sunscreen lotion to your skin. You should get a sunscreen lotion with an SPF of 15 or higher and it is also best that you get the water resistant type.
- Don’t forget to remove your make up before going to bed.
It’s pretty easy to properly look after your skin right? Before you know it you will be the envy of many women.