Do you think your skin is aging too fast and too soon? While aging is a natural process and cannot be prevented, there is no reason to let your skin tell your real age. You can prevent the signs of skin aging.
As you get older, your body gradually decreases its production of the proteins collagen and elastin which are the building blocks of your skin. As a result, your skin starts to lose elasticity and becomes less firm. The most common symptoms of this condition are the development of fine lines, wrinkles and even sagging skin.
What can you do to stop the signs of aging skin? You may not know it but you may actually be speeding the aging process yourself. Unhealthy lifestyles, poor eating habits and incomplete skin care routines all contribute to speed up your skin’s aging process. Here are the top 5 habits that you should stop doing.
- Staying Up All NightLack of sleep is most obvious on your skin, especially on your face. Eye bags, dark circles under your eyes and sagging skin are very visible signs. When you don’t get at least 8 hours of sleep, you deprive your skin of its renewal time. Keep it up and you will end up looking 10 years older than you really are. Control your caffeine intake during the day and stop eating 2 hours before bedtime to guarantee a good and restful sleep.
- Smoking and Drinking – Kick these two bad habits if you want your skin to look young and healthy. Cigarette smoking depletes vitamin C from your body which can lead to the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Too much alcohol intake dehydrates your body and makes your skin lose its plump and firm appearance. Rather than flood your body with alcohol, have a drink of water instead.
- Unhealthy Eating – What goes into your body shows on your skin. Your diet should be a balance of carbohydrates, proteins and fats. Eat healthy servings of fruits and vegetables daily. Fruits and vegetables are rich in antioxidants, the number one anti-free radicals. Destroying free radicals prevents premature aging and stops the signs of skin aging.
- Skipping Sunscreen – Sunscreen is your best ally in the fight against skin aging. Sun exposure can damage your skin whether you are 5 or 50. Apply sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher year round, even when it appears shady and the sun is behind the clouds.
- Irregular Skin Care Routine – A good skin care routine should be followed every day. A good routine should include cleansing, toning and moisturizing. Choose non-soap, mild cleansers to wash your skin. Use alcohol-free toners to remove deeply embedded dirt and reduces the size of pores. Daily application of effective moisturizers like Argan oil keeps skin soft and smooth. Argan oil contains antioxidants and vitamin E that helps keep skin young and beautiful.
What should you do to stop the signs of skin aging? Stop these 5 habits now.