No one wants to wear dry hair. Dry and frizzy hair is not only unsightly, it is also prone to breakage. If you have naturally dry hair, don’t give up hope as there are plenty of easy ways to bring in and lock in moisture to your locks. We have listed a few hair care tips here on how you can say goodbye to dry hair and hello to smooth and moisturized hair.
How to Combat Dry Hair
- Use Argan oil in deep conditioning your hair. Argan oil is loaded with Vitamin E, essential fatty acids and Sterols. All of these nutrients are potent moisturizers. They attract moisture and lock them in. Aside from having potent moisturizers, Argan oil is also packed with antioxidants. Vitamin E is one of the most potent antioxidants known to us. Polypehonols, Squalene, Carotenoids and Ferulic acid are also antioxidants present in the oil. These antioxidants help protect hair from damage and also help in repairing damaged hair. To deep condition your hair with Argan oil, massage the oil on damp hair as well as the scalp and wrap your hair with a towel. Leave it overnight then rinse away the oil in the morning. If you don’t have the time for overnight deep conditioning, you can simply leave the oil for 20 minutes on your hair and then rinse.
- Use honey in deep conditioning your hair. Aside from Argan oil, you can also use honey. Honey is a natural humectant meaning it naturally draws in moisture. You can use honey and Argan oil in alternate when deep conditioning your hair or combine the two.
- Regularly mist your hair with water. Get a spray bottle and put water in it. You can also add a few drops of oil. Oils like Argan oil, olive oil and jojoba oil are great hair moisturizers. Spray a mist every now and then through out the day to keep your hair moisturized.
- Practice co-washing in between shampoo washes. Create a schedule of co-washing in between days of washing your hair with shampoo. Co-washing means using only conditioner on your hair. Say for example your wash day is Sunday then make Wednesdays your co-wash day. Conditioners give hair that extra moisture it needs.
- Opt for plant-based or natural shampoos. You can find a lot of plant-based shampoos in the market. These shampoos are free from harsh chemicals. Many chemical-based shampoos actually dry out the hair because of its harsh ingredients. It is also worth noting that most of the chemicals found in many shampoos have serious health risks including cancer.
- Avoid washing your hair using hot water. Hot water strips the hair of its natural oils making it dry. It is best to wash hair with lukewarm water.
Follow these hair care tips to combat dry hair.
Like our Facebook page and share this post to your friends.