You probably were glued on your television set when Super Bowl XLVI aired last Sunday. Which Super Bowl commercial was your favourite? Were you with the Giants or the Patriots? If you were cheering the Giants then you probably were jumping up and down after the last minute touchdown that beat the Patriots with the final score 21-17. Sunday Super Bowl is the best time to come up with tasteful snacks. If you just served regular chips and salsa for your friends last Sunday for the big game, you need to do better for the next Super Bowl. A pot of hearty and hot chili is an all time favourite snack for Sunday Super Bowl.
Sunday Super Bowl Chili
Your friends and even strangers would want to spend Sunday Super Bowl in your home with this very tasty chili! Fire up the intense game with this recipe!
What You Will Need
You’ll have to make a dash to your grocery store for the Sunday Super Bowl Chili ingredients.
- Ground Beef – If you are expecting about 6 to 7 guests so plus you that equals to 8 mouths then about 2 pounds of ground beef will be enough.
- Green Onion – Pick out a large-sized onion. You will need just one. Chop the onions.
- Garlic – Get 3 cloves of garlic and mince them.
- Crushed Tomatoes – Pick out a 28-ouncer can of crushed tomatoes.
- Chili Powder – You will need about 1/3 of a cup.
- Ground Cumin – 1 teaspoon is all you will need.
- Salt – You won’t be needing too much salt. Just 1 teaspoon is enough.
- Black Pepper – A teaspoonful of black pepper is good.
- Red Kidney Beans – Get 2 cans of a 16-ouncer drained red kidney beans.
- Olive Oil – Just use 2 tablespoons.
- Argan Oil – Don’t forget this drizzle as this would give your Sunday Super Bowl Chili an extra nutty taste!
Start the Fire!
If this is your first time to ever step in your kitchen, don’t be too intimidated as this dish is just very easy to do. Let’s get cooking!
- Step Number 1. Get your large pot and put your stove on medium-high heat. Put in your olive oil and start sauteing the onions and garlic.
- Step Number 2. Once the onions have caramelised or have turned transparent and the garlic are browning, add in your ground beef. Let the meat brown. It will take about 8-10 minutes for all the meat to turn brown. Make sure that you drain out the excess liquid.
- Step Number 3. Add all the ingredients except for the Argan oil and mix them well.
- Step Number 4. Now for the last step, just before serving your chili, drizzle it with a small amount of Argan oil. You don’t need to use a lot of this oil as it has a very strong flavour!
With all that fire coming from the game and from the chilis, you can need some refreshing taste such as fresh greens. Serve the chili with leafy greens for that touch down combination!