It is true that beauty is from within but most of us want to be beautiful inside and out. Whether you admit this or not we (both men and women) dream or once dreamt about having a sexy body and beautiful skin. Most women are very vocal about their dream of being beautiful on the outside. Some men are but most men just hide their feelings about caring about their physical appearance.
If you want to have beautiful skin most of the things you need to do is actually living a healthier lifestyle. Here are some tips on how to get that healthy and young looking skin.
Healthy Skin and Healthy Living
- Get enough sleep. At night when you sleep your skin cells start its natural process of repairing damaged skin cells. Sleep for at least 8 hours to allow the process of skin cell repair and regeneration.
- Exercise regularly. Exercise prevents you from gaining extra pounds thus keeping your health in check. Keeping a healthy weight avoids pimple breakouts. Exercising also means perspiring. When you perspire your pores release toxins in your body including those embedded in your skin. Your mind is also freed from stress when you exercise as your brain releases endorphins which are responsible for pleasurable sensations. Stress can actually cause pimple breakouts and wrinkles. Did you know that stress weakens not just your body’s immune system but also lowers down collagen production? Collagen is responsible for keeping your skin’s elasticity and smoothness. Skin sagging is the direct result of lower collagen level in the body.
- Stick to a healthy diet. Make sure that you eat balanced meals. You should be getting enough protein, fibres, carbohydrates and even fats in your diet. By fats we mean healthy fats. Fats from fish such as salmon and mackerel are high in omega 3 and omega 9 fatty acids which are very good for your skin.
- Throw your bad habits out the window. Start cutting down on your daily cigarette sticks until your body is ready to quit. Don’t go cold turkey all of a sudden especially if you have been smoking for years as your body would go through withdrawal and this can be fatal. Cigarettes contain toxins that can harm the skin producing fine lines, wrinkles and even causing pimple breakouts. Cigarettes are also believed to cause lung cancer. Smoking robs your blood vessels oxygen and attacks the skin’s collagen. Both are necessary for your skin to repair and regenerate.
- Be a social or occasional drinker. Alcohol dehydrates the skin causing it to become dry. Instead see to it that you keep your skin hydrated. Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water everyday. Also eat fruits that have high water content.
- Moisturise your skin daily with Argan oil. Argan oil has moisturising and anti aging properties. With daily use you will be able to see the effects of this wonderful oil to your skin. This oil contains ingredients that are essential nutrition for your skin such as Vitamin E, Sterols, essential unsaturated fatty acids, Carotenoids, Polyphenols, Prostaglandins, Linoleic acid and Ferulic acid.
- Remember to wash your face before going to bed and after waking up.
If you want healthy, beautiful and glowing skin start living a healthy lifestyle now.