If you think that caring for your skin is expensive then you are clearly mistaken. Most women buy different beauty products to keep the skin healthy and young spending thousands of dollars each year. But did you know that caring for your skin is actually cheap?
Basic Skin Care
If you want to keep your skin’s smooth and soft texture then follow these basic skin care tips. Not only will you end up maintaining the beauty and glow of your skin, you would also end up with a fatter wallet.
- Wash your face twice a day. This is the basic that you should not forget ever doing. Wash your face once in the morning and once before going to bed. You should not use soap in washing your face instead use a gentle or mild facial cleanser.There’s no need to splurge on a fancy wash. An effective facial cleanser should not cost you that much. It is also important that you choose a facial cleanser suited for your skin type. If you have the oily type of skin you should opt for the clear cleanser and if you have dry skin then you should get the creamy type.
- Moisturise the skin. The skin loses moisture everyday. A good moisturiser is Argan oil. Not only does the Argan oil have moisturising properties it also contains components that help the skin regenerate and be protected from the harmful effects of free radicals and harmful UV rays. This oil thus helps the skin fight premature aging and also slows down the process of skin aging.The best time to moisturise is after taking a shower. Be sure that your skin is still damp when you apply this wonderful moisturiser.
- Drink plenty of water. Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses a day and avoid carbonated drinks. Keeping your skin hydrated is important so it does not dry up.
- Get enough sleep. When you sleep this is the time for your skin cells to repair and regenerate. Getting enough sleep will not only rejuvenate your body and mind but also will replenish your skin.
- Avoid greasy and oily food. You should stick to a healthy diet. A balanced meal complete with protein, carbohydrates, healthy fats (yes there are some fats that are healthy) leafy greens and fruits. Stripping your diet completely of fats will only result to sagging skin. Wrinkles can also develop. Fats from fish are healthy. They contain omega 3 and omega 9 fatty acids which prevents skin aging and helps in keeping the skin moisturised.
- Work out. Exercise should be a part of your weekly routine. If you don’t have the time to hit the gym because of your busy schedule use walking as a form of exercise. Walk going to work or going home if the distance is not that far. Also if you live or work in a high rise building, use the stairs instead of the elevator. Exercising helps the body to release toxins keeping the skin clear of acne. Gaining weight can cause acne breakouts. So keep off the extra pounds by exercising.
Skin care is not expensive if you know the proper way to do it.