You might be surprised to learn that to achieve a smooth and clear skin there are only 5 simple steps. You may have heard or read about so many skin care tips and bought so many different skin care products and ended up frustrated and worse your acne or wrinkles are still very evident.
So what are these 5 simple steps to beautiful and healthy skin? Let us go through them step bys step as the New Kids on the Block did. If my New Kids on the Block joke did not make you smile even a little bit pardon me as I do attempt (the operative word being attempt) to crack a joke every now and then (but well have been very unsuccessful most of the time). But when it comes to skin care you can and should take these advices seriously.
The 5 Steps to Beautiful and Healthy Skin
- Always wear sun protection. The harmful UV rays from the sun are actually the worst enemy of your skin. They dig deep down the skin destroying DNA and damaging collagen. The UV rays also rob your skin of its essential nutrients.You should always apply a sunscreen lotion with at least an SPF 15. Do not make the assumption that only if you are going to the beach will you need sunscreen. It is actually every time you get out of your house that you need sun protection. Although many love going to tanning salons, you should know that tanning beds are also damaging to the skin.
- Wash your face everyday. You need to remember however that twice a day of face washing is enough so don’t over do it. Wash your face once in the morning and once before going to bed. Make sure that you use a gentle face cleanser and gentle body soap. You should also avoid long baths and showers. You should also just pat dry yourself and not wipe with a towel to retain enough moisture on the skin.
- Use Argan oil as moisturiser after taking a bath or shower. It is always important that your skin is moisturised. Argan oil contains Vitamin E, essential fatty acids and antioxidants. Not only does it bring back moisture to your skin it also protects it from radicals as well as help skin regenerate. During the winter use this oil to moisturise the skin before going out. You can also use the oil as a moisturizer before bed time. The great thing about this oil is that you can use this for both the face and the body.
- Go for healthy diet. Fruits and vegetables are great for the skin. However do not exclude proteins and fats as well. Best source of protein would be fish such as salmon, tuna and mackerel. You may be quite confused with including fats in your diet but the type of fats that you choose should be the healthy ones. Fats from fish are very healthy and essential as they are rich in omega 3 fatty acids that help fight aging. Also make sure that you drink 8 to 10 glasses of water everyday.
- Live a healthy lifestyle. Do not slack off. Get involved in physical activities. Run, swim, cycle, walk or hit the gym. Stop smoking and stop or cut down your alcohol intake.
These steps are pretty easy. Follow these simple steps and you are on your way to have that smooth and healthy skin.