Scientific studies have shown that eating a balanced diet helps us stay in great shape. But how much do you know about foods that may help prevent or fight wrinkles. Let us test your knowledge. So without further ado here’s the anti-aging quiz we prepared. Have fun!
Answer each item first and check below if you got the correct answer.
- Drinking water helps improve your skin.
- Which of these fruits may be helpful in improving your skin?
All of the Above
- If you want to keep your skin firm, tight, and looking more youthful, which should you eat?
Soybeans and soy-based products
- As your skin starts to age it loses which two things?
Elasticity and pigmentation
Its ability to reflect UV rays
Its elasticity and the skin’s ability to keep itself hydrated
- Eating a high amount of fats and carbs can lead to more wrinkles
- Which two vitamins work in tandem to prevent your skin from getting sun damaged and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines?
Vitamin K and Vitamin D
Vitamin B6 and Vitamin C
Vitamin E and Vitamin C
Vitamin K and Vitamin A
- Which of these foods contain the most Vitamin E?
- Which of these minerals may help prevent your skin from getting damaged by the sun.
- Which of these fays can help strengthen your skin and help improve its appearance?
- What’s the number one cause of skin damage?
Exposure to the sun
Now let’s see how you did on the anti-aging quiz. Check your answers below.
Answers to the Anti-aging Quiz
- If you answered True then you earned 1 point. Drinking water actually helps improve your skin. When your body is well-hydrated, your entire system is benefited and you have to remember that the skin is the largest organ you have. Water also helps your body get rid of toxins.
- The answer is All of the Above. Oranges and other citrus fruits, berries, and melons are all excellent sources of antioxidants. Antioxidants help fight free radicals which are the number one cause of skin aging.
- You got it right if you answered soybeans and soy-based foods. How so? They may help make your skin firmer.
- As your skin ages, it loses its elasticity and its ability to keep itself hydrated. So if you answered this, then you earned another point.
- Now, before you go on condemning fats and carbs, you should know that both are very important in keeping your body healthy. However if you eat a lot of fats and carbs from meats and whole-fat dairy, then you are most likely to have more wrinkles as you start gaining years.
- Its the tandem of Vitamin C and Vitamin E. Both are antioxidants and therefore help prevent the skin from getting damage by the sun’s UV rays and also help in repairing sun-damaged skin.
- Whole grains are packed with Vitamin E.
- Selenium from turkey and cod may be helpful in preventing skin damage from UV rays
- Hope you checked polyunsaturated fats. These fats such as omega-3 fatty acids can help minimize the appearance of lines and wrinkles.
- Did you know that 90% of skin damage is actually caused by exposure to the sun’s UV rays?
So there you have it. Hope you had fun learning about these anti-aging facts!