Now that grilling season is on, it wouldn’t be too surprising to see salsa on the table. Salsa is great with almost anything grilled, fried and barbecued. It can be more convenient to just buy a jar of ready made salsa in the nearest supermarket or local grocery store but making your own salsa makes things more special.
So if you are hosting a summer get together or a backyard barbecue, show off your culinary skills with a home-made salsa. This salsa recipe takes only about 30 minutes to prepare. This definitely would not take much of your time. Serve the salsa with salmon, chicken, kabobs and some crispy tortilla chips. If you have some tortilla chips and salsa left over from the afternoon happening, you might be tempted to indulge yourself on a midnight snack. You probably would.
Ingredients for Salsa
Here are the things you would need to shop for.
- Grape Tomatoes – You’ll need about 1 and a half cups and you’ll need them halved.
- Cucumber – You will also need about 1 and a half cups. Peel and chop.
- Avocado – Get a medium-sized avocado. Peel and cube the avocado. Make sure that you pick a ripe one.
- Red Onion – You just need one small onion and just chop it off.
- Cilantro – Pick the fresh cilantro and mince about 2 tablespoons.
- Jalapeno – Just one would be enough to give you that zing. Be sure to take out the seeds. Just mince it.
- Lime Juice – 2 tablespoons is all you would need.
- Salt – Half a teaspoon is enough.
It’s Salsa Time!
Prepping the salsa is so easy. All you need is a large bowl and then mix everything together! It’s that easy and fast to make your very own salsa! Thinking of what would be great to serve with salsa for your summer afternoon party? Forget about pork, chicken or beef for a moment. Why not this time serve salmon instead? Salmon is not only delicious but it is also very healthy. Here’s an easy salmon in butter recipe.
- Salmon Fillets – Get 4 fillets. If you would be serving for more just make the needed adjustments.
- Cayenne pepper – Just a quarter teaspoon is enough.
- Butter – A tablespoon is enough.
- Lime Juice – A tablespoon would do.
- Salt – Half a teaspoon would do.
Get your salmon fillets and sprinkle them with cayenne, salt and lime juice. Heat up your skillet in medium high heat and melt the butter. Cook each side for about 3 to 4 minutes. Another way to tell if the salmon is cooked is once it becomes all flaky. Right before serving, you can drizzle the fillets with Moroccan Argan oil. This oil will give an extra kick of flavour and healthy nutrients to your salmon!