With spring time in full swing and summer fast approaching, there are plenty of fresh greens to pick and plenty of refreshing salad dishes to whip up. Because strawberries and greens are plentiful, why not prepare a strawberry and arugula salad?
The strawberry and arugula salad recipe is definitely perfect for the warmer days of spring and the hot days of summer. You can either have it as a side dish or as an entree by topping it with chicken. This recipe only takes 20 minutes to prepare so forget about take outs and ordering in. Drizzle with a tablespoon or two of the culinary Argan oil for a yummier and healthier taste.
Head out to the supermarket and buy the following ingredients.
- Fresh arugula or baby spinach – You will need about two cups. Tear the leaves.
- Fresh strawberries – You will need 3/4 cups of strawberries cut into quarters.
- Almonds – You’ll need a quarter cup of slivered almonds.
- Gorgonzola cheese – About a quarter cup of crumbled Gorgonzola cheese is enough.
- Red onion – 2 tablespoons of chopped onions is enough.
- Argan oil – You’ll need about 2 tablespoons. You can also use olive oil instead.
- Orange juice concentrate – Just a tablespoon will do.
- Balsamic vinegar – Just a tablespoon will do.
- Orange peel – You will need 1 1/2 teaspoons of grated orange peel.
- Ground ginger – 1/8 of a teaspoon is all you’ll need.
These ingredients are very easy to find. Now that you have your ingredients, let’s start whipping up this very refreshing, tasty and healthy salad.
Preparing the Salad
Grab your salad bowl and start combining the first 5 ingredients we listed. Grab a small bowl and start whisking the oil, orange juice concentrate, balsamic vinegar, orange peel and ginger together. Once you have whisked them well, you now have your dressing. Pour over your salad and start tossing to gently coat your greens. You can drizzle the salad with another tablespoon or two of the Argan oil for an extra nutty kick.
This is one easy salad to prepare! The best thing about this dish is that it is packed with nutrients that keep the body healthy. Strawberries are loaded with antioxidants which help strengthen the immune system and protect every cell of the body from free radical damage. The culinary Argan oil is also loaded with antioxidants plus unsaturated essential fatty acids which are great for the heart and the brain.
Freshen up your spring and summer days with this delicious strawberry and arugula salad recipe!
Don’t forget to share this tasty and healthy salad recipe to everyone you know!
We’d like to reach more people and spread information on health and beauty. Help us by asking your friends to like our Facebook page.