For those people who believes that skin care is just vanity, listen to these facts:
- The skin protects everything inside your body from falling out.
- It also keeps your body at a pleasant temperature. If your hot, the skin sweats off to cool you down and when it is cold, your skin keeps you warm.
- Without the skin, you will not be able to feel things when you touch them.
- The skin also protects the body from infections.
With all of these functions of the skin, we ought to give it some tender loving care. The skin is an organ just like the heart, liver, brain and lungs. It is in fact the largest organ that we have. Most of us do not pay attention much to our skin inspite of the vital roles it plays. Many of us will just start caring for the skin once we experience skin problems.
It is indeed important to care for the skin as it plays a huge role in protecting the body. When you look after your skin, you are helping it perform its functions at it utmost. If you want to avoid having to deal with skin problems such as wrinkles, blemishes and fine lines you must properly care for it. Skin cancer is the most serious and life threatening issue you can have when you don’t care for your skin.
Caring for the Skin
How should you care for the skin? Here are two simple ways to care for the skin.
- Your Hands – We have been taught this a long time, ever since we were young. Our hands can spread germs that can cause serious infection. When washing your hands, you can have your water at a comfortable warm temperature. It is ideal to use a mild soap. Lather and rub the soap on the palms, wrists, in between your fingers and under the nails. After rinsing, make sure that you wipe your hands dry with a clean towel.
- Taking a Shower – When taking a shower or a bath, have your water at lukewarm temperature. A mild soap is best to use.
- Moroccan Argan Oil – If you love your skin you would not deny it the goodnes of this oil more popularly called as liquid gold of Morocco. The oil contains nutrients that give tremendous benefits to the skin like Vitamin E, unsaturated essential fatty acids, Ferulic acid, Polyphenols, Sterols, Triterpens and Squalene. All of these ingredients of the oil single-handedly and together work wonders to the skin.
- Sunscreen Lotion – It is a cardinal sin to deny your skin protection from the sun’s Ultra Violet rays. Lather on sunscreen lotion on exposed skin at least 15 minutes before going out. Unprotected exposure to the sun’s Ultra Violet rays can cause skin cancer. So lather up and get protected!
Follow these skin care tips and keep your skin happy and healthy!