The only way to resolve a problem completely is to know its root cause and deal with it appropriately. Skin problems? There are different types of skin problems, from irritations, skin dryness, oiliness, and acne. Among all of these though, acne is one of the most common yet difficult to overcome.
A type of skin condition, acne causes blackheads, whiteheads, and inflamed red lesions also known as pimples. A common skin disease, acne usually erupts during adolescence but even adults may also have it. Both males and females may have acne at least once in their lives.
TOP 5 CAUSES OF ACNE
By knowing the root causes of acne you will be able to resolve your skin problem. Here are the top 5 causes of acne:
- Hormonal Imbalance – hormonal imbalance causes over production of sebum. Sebum is the natural oils in the body that clogs the pores and cultivates acne. Hormonal imbalances usually occur during puberty but are not confined to this stage. Girls get acne breakouts before their periods while boys during growth spurts get acne because of high testosterone levels.
- Genetic Cause – if family members are prone to acne then your genes might be the reason for your acne breakouts. Although you will encounter acne because of heritage, you may still be able to prevent making acne worse and prevent permanent scars.
- Popping Pimples – although squeezing and popping your zits maybe tempting, doing so would only make matters worse. This action allows bacteria to gather and infiltrate the open lesion left by the popped zit. Not only this, but squeezing your pimple could also leave a permanent zit scar.
- Unhealthy Skin Care Products – there are products in the market that causes irritations to your skin. These irritations could lead to clogged pores and bacterial infections causing acne to form. Harmful chemicals that could be found in different powders, creams, make up, moisturizers, and astringents could be causing your acne breakouts. Make sure you look into the different skin care products you are using. Check for ingredients, manufacturer’s history, and the product’s expiration.
- Look into your Lifestyle – how you take care of your body may be the reason for your acne. Too much stress, alcohol, and smoking are just some of the main reasons for acne. Avoid stress and learn to channel out your stress, learn to relax, find an outlet for your stress to avoid acne breakouts. Limit or totally eliminate smoking and drinking as these do not do any good to your skin and your entire body. Rest appropriately and sleep the required number of hours for skin regeneration and good health.
NATURAL PRODUCTS FOR YOUR SKIN
Using products that do not contain harmful ingredients are a sure way to help protect your skin from acne breakouts. Organic products like organic soaps and moisturizers keep skin clean and protected at the same time. Not only this but organic products like argan oil for instance, even have natural nutrients that nourish the skin. Choosing what is best for your skin is priceless when you see the wonderful effects they have on beauty and skin.