When it comes to skin care you should know that it’s not mostly about the brand of skin care products that you use or how many skin care products you have or how much you have spent for everything found in your beauty night stand. Even if you have all the most wonderful skin care creams, lotions and oils in the world, your skin will not be healthy and beautiful without proper caring for the skin.
Skin care is a daily regimen. You should not skip on any of the steps necessary to keep your skin healthy and beautiful. Here are daily skin care tips.
- Wash your face twice in a day, before going to bed and after waking up in the morning. You should use a mild cleanser formulated for your skin type. The worst thing you can do is use soap to wash your face with. Soaps actually strip off moisture and essential oils from your skin causing it to become dry.
- Remember to moisturise the skin daily. Don’t ever think that your skin can do without moisturiser for a day or two. Your skin loses moisture from sweating and from washing. Make sure to bring back the skin’s moisture by lathering on moisturiser to your skin. You should use Argan oil in moisturising your skin. It is packed with many ingredients that are good for the skin such as Vitamin E, Sterols, Caroteoids, essential unsaturated fatty acids, Polyphenols, Ferulic acid, Lenolic acid and Prostaglandins. Argan oil does not simply moisturise, it prevents skin aging and shields the skin from the harmful effects of exposure to free radicals and UV rays.
- Use sunscreen lotion everyday. That’s right! It is actually every day that your skin needs sunscreen lotion. UV rays are not only responsible for the wrinkles that you started seeing ion your skin they actually can cause skin cancer.
It is important to note that the sunscreen lotion should have at least an SPF or Sun Protection Factor of 15 and should be applied at least 15 minutes before going out the house. Also if you are swimming or perspire heavily reapply sunscreen lotion to your skin after 2 hours.
- Exfoliate at least once a week. Dead skin cells are shed off everyday and if not exfoliated will just pile up making your skin rough. Use an exfoliating scrub to remove the dead skin cells that you have shed off.
- Remember to only pat dry yourself and not rub the towel against your skin to dry off. Patting dry helps the skin to retain some of its moisture. After showers or bath is the best time to apply a moisturiser as the skin is still damp.
- If you wear make up never ever forget to remove your make up before turning in to bed. Make up actually has ingredients that can irritate the skin. Also your make up will clog and block your pores and trap more oil, dust and dirt.
It is quite easy to take care of the skin. All you need to have is the willingness to do these skin care tips.