If you are using Argan oil to keep your skin smooth, soft and glowing then you are doing something right. Did you know that Argan oil has many components that are basically food for the skin? Argan oil has moisturising and anti aging properties because of its components such as essential fatty acids, Vitamin E, Sterols, Carotenoids and many others.
Of course skin care goes beyond just this oil or any moisturiser. There are other things you need to address. For example did you know that there are certain foods that are good for the skin? Make sure that you include these foods in your diet if you want to have beautiful skin.
- Blueberries – Munch on some blueberries often and you will prevent skin aging. These small ball shaped fruits actually have anti aging components. Not only does it retain your skin’s elasticity it also makes your gums stronger and keeps your eyes healthy too.
- Strawberries – If you want to avoid wrinkles, include strawberries in your diet. Strawberries have ingredients that protect the structure of the skin’s collagen. You probably are aware that collagen makes the skin firm. A firm skin will avoid having wrinkles.
- Oats – Eat oats if you want healthy and soft skin. Oats have high soluble fibre and complex carbohydrates. Oats also contain high concentration of iron, calcium, phosphorous, Vitamin E, Vitamin B and Silicon. Vitamin E actually nourishes the skin cells and prevents skin aging. Silicon also promotes the health of the skin by helping the body maintain enough levels of collagen.
- Brazil nuts – Try having Brazil nuts as your munch on food instead of chips. Brazil nuts help prevent skin from drying and also protect the skin from the damaging effects of UV rays.
- Avocados – Some people even use avocadoes as facial mask. Avocado is actually a familiar ingredient in skin care or skin beauty products. This is because avocados are rich in folate which aids in the formation of blood. This is very important in cell regeneration.
- Salmon – Fats from fish are actually healthy to the mind and body and also helpful in keeping the skin beautiful. Instead of going for pork or beef, you should switch to salmon. Salmon actually helps the skin become smooth. Fish in general are actually healthy for the body and mind and specifically to the skin. Fish contains omega fatty acids which benefits the skin.
- Apricots – If you love your skin you should also love adding to your diet apricots. Apricots are packed with fibre and phyto chemicals. Foods that are rich in phyto compounds helps in DNA repair and also shoots up collagen production. Phyto compounds also help reduce inflammation and improve the flow of blood thus benefiting the skin with beauty, health and youthfulness.
- Broccoli – You may have detested this vegetable since you were young and you probably were forced by your mum or your dad to eat this vegetable. Definitely you will start loving Broccoli in your plate now that you know as this vegetable actually helps the skin retain its beauty and youth.
These are just some of the foods that keep the skin beautiful and healthy. If you want to have beautiful skin and not go hungry at the same time (you can’t eat the beauty products) just include these foods in your diet.