When throwing a party, chips are a main stay. Of course, you can never serve chips without a dip! If you are tired of pairing up chips with salsa (you’re guests may be quite bored with this combination too but they are just too polite to say anything), why not make other dips? Here are some ideas!
Dips for Your Chips
Tomatillo and Avocado
It’s easy to whip up a tomatillo and avocado dip and it will only take 15 minutes of your time! Let’s start with the things you’ll need for this delicious dip! This recipe makes 2 cups or good for 8 servings.
- Tomatillos – You will need 4 pieces in medium size. Have them husked and cut them in quarters.
- Avocado – You need just 1 avocado. Peel and remove the seed.
- Jalapeño pepper – To give your dip a zing, you need 1 jalapeño. Chop it up.
- Cilantro – You need half a cup. Make sure that your cilantro sprigs are fresh.
- Onion – Use the white onion for this recipe. You just need a quarter of the onion. Chop it up.
- Lime juice – Give the dip acidity by adding 2 tablespoons of lime juice.
- Kosher salt – You need a teaspoon of salt.
Black pepper – You will need just about 1/4 teaspoon.
Now that you have all your ingredients ready, its is time to get those hands to work!
Put all the ingredients, except for the salt and black pepper, in your food processor. Pulse up until the mixture arrives at a relish-like texture. Add a teaspoon of salt and about 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper. Your tomatillo and avocado dip is ready! Chill inside the fridge and take it out once you are ready to serve your chips!
You don’t have to always pair your chips with salsa. You can easily whip up new dips in your kitchen. Your guests will surely be happy with every new dip you pair your chips with! Want to learn another great dip?
Lemon, Pepper and Pecorino
Here is another dip that is so easy to whip up. Think you can’t make a dip in five minutes? You are definitely mistaken! The lemon, pepper and pecorino dip can be whipped up this quick! This recipe is good for 8 servings or 1 and a quarter cups. Let’s start with the ingredients you will need for this dip!
- Sour cream – 1 cup is enough.
- Pecorino – Get the grated pecorino. You just need 1/2 cup.
- Lemon Zest – Finely grate about 1 tablespoon of lemon skin. This will give your dip acidity and great aroma!
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon is enough.
- Black pepper 1/2 – 1 teaspoon will be good. To get that zing and wonderful pepper aroma, crack the pepper corns.
Grab a medium bowl and put in all your ingredients! That’s it! Your dip is ready! Let it chill in the fridge and take it out once you’re ready to serve!
Loved dipping your chips in these dips? Share these dip recipes to your family, friends and loved ones through Twitter Facebook or email!