How do you get beautiful skin? Some are lucky to inherit good genes while others are not so lucky they have to work hard to get smooth, clear and soft skin. Not many know that beautiful and healthy skin is achieved through healthy practices.
Many women spend thousands of dollars in cosmetics and even cosmetic surgery just to get that beautiful skin they have been dreaming about. The fact is you can make your skin glow with just maybe a hundred or a couple of hundred dollars spent every year.
Here are skin care tips that would not cost you a fortune.
- Your diet – Let’s start off with the food you eat. There are actually food groups that can improve the health and beauty of your skin. You should include blueberries, whole wheat bread and walnuts in your diet.Blueberries have high concentration of antioxidants thus the skin is protected from the damaging effects of free radicals. Walnuts are rich in essential fatty acids, protein and fibre therefore protecting the skin from damages and keeping it supple. Whole wheat bread has Selenium which is a mineral that protects skin cells. Selenium also can reverse the damaging effects of the sun to the skin.
Of course staying hydrated is very important. The skin’s elasticity is maintained with proper hydration. You should also consider gulping down green tea. Green tea is packed with Polyphenols which is known to relieve skin allergies as well as cleanse the skin. Polyphenols can also slow down skin aging.
- Use sunscreen daily – If you always spend time outdoors and we are talking about every time you go out the door and not just being on the beach or playing outdoor sports, you should always lather on sunscreen lotion with at least an SPF (Sun Protection Factor) of 15. The sun’s UV rays are known to cause the most damage to the skin. Skin cancer is also possible with constant unprotected sun exposure.
- Moisturise daily – You should never skip the moisturiser. Argan oil is a very good skin moisturiser. Not only does it moisturise the skin it also prevent skin aging. The skin is also protected from the damaging effects of free radicals and UV rays with regular use of this oil.The reason why there are many skin benefits from Argan oil is because of its components such as essential unsaturated fatty acids, Vitamin E, Polyphenols, Sterols, Carotenoids, Prostaglandin, Ferulic acid and Linoleic acid. Most certainly these components are nourishment for the skin.
- Cleanse daily – Wash your face with a mild cleanser before getting your night sleep and after waking up to your alarm clock in the morning. Make sure that you use a cleanser that is formulated for your skin type.
- Stay away from tanning – Although many are still tanning under the sun and tanning beds you should know that this is actually very bad for your skin. You are also putting yourself in danger as the sun’s rays and tanning beds can cause skin cancer. You will also start developing wrinkles fast. If you are desperate to get a tan, use a spray tan or body spray.
With regular exercise, balanced and healthy diet plus these 5 simple skin care tips your skin will soon become healthy and beautiful.