It seems like everyone wants to stay forever young. Well, mostly its women who want to stay forever young looking. Not many women are too happy to see wrinkles and fine lines appearing on their skin. It’s not likely you yourself would be jumping for joy when you see wrinkles on your skin. In fact you may even start worrying that your skin is aging faster than it should.
So what should you do to prevent your skin from aging prematurely? Can you still prevent wrinkles and fine lines from making a map on your skin? You can breathe a sigh of relief now as wrinkles and fine lines can be prevented.
Preventing Wrinkles and Fine Lines 101
- Always protect your skin from the sun! This is actually a habit that should be learned and practiced from a very young age. The Ultra Violet rays from the sun is the number one cause of wrinkles and fine lines.Even when the sun is hidden by thick clouds, its UV rays penetrates and is still as potent destroying collagen and DNA under the skin. The sun’s UV rays can also cause skin cancer. Make it a habit to lather on sunscreen lotion with an SPF 15 to the skin at least 15 minutes before going outside.
- Moisturise the skin daily! When your skin loses its essential oils from sweating, being exposed to the elements and washing the skin becomes dry and prone to irritation and development of wrinkles. Keep the skin soft and smooth with a daily habit of applying moisturiser.Pick out Argan oil as your skin moisturiser as it is also effective in preventing skin aging. This is because the Argan oil is packed with essential unsaturated fatty acids, Vitamin E, Sterols, Prostaglandins, Carotenoids, Ferulic acid, Linoleic acid and Polyphenols. These components give the oil its moisturising and anti aging properties.
- Eat healthy! Give your skin the nourishment it needs. Stay away from greasy and oily foods instead eat more fruits and vegetables that are packed with antioxidants. You should also make sure that your meals are complete with protein, carbohydrates, fibres and essential fats.
- Keep your body hydrated. Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water everyday. Keeping your body hydrated means your skin stays hydrated as well. This healthy habit is essential in avoiding the skin to become dry.
- Stop Smoking! Cigarette smokes produce free radicals that hasten skin aging. It also depletes the collagen in the body. When your body has low collagen levels, the skin starts to sag and develop wrinkles and fine lines. If you do not smoke, do not allow yourself to be in the middle of smokers and let your skin breathe in all the cigarette smokes. Second hand smoke is also dangerous to your health.
- Exercise regularly and get enough sleep at night. This promotes proper blood circulation thus oxygen and nutrients can reach all organs of the body. Exercising also releases the body’s toxins and cleanses the skin. Sleeping right allows the skin cells and tissues to repair damaged ones as well as replenish.