Contrary to what others may think, dandruff is not an easy problem to fix… unless you know what causes your problem. It is therefore safe to say that for you to get rid of those flakes you first have to figure out what causes them. After which, you’ll easily be able to reduce and eliminate unwanted, itchy, and embarrassing dandruff!
Yes it is true that dandruff is not deadly but it is a cause of embarrassment, low self-esteem, and of lack of self-confidence. Dandruff is also the reason why those who have it stay away from dark colored clothes. You wouldn’t want your flakes to be showing against your dark clothes right? People who notice your dandruff stay away from you and your comb. Why? Because although experts say otherwise, it is known to many that the itch and flakes could be passed on from one person to another.
What Causes Dandruff?
To reduce and completely eliminate dandruff, one needs to know the root cause of it. Here are the most common sources of dandruff:
- Fungus – tiny occurring fungus on the scalp known as Pityrosporum ovale (P. ovale) is the most common cause of dandruff.
- Hormones – an internal factor that causes dandruff, hormonal imbalances cause sebaceous glands to produce more natural oils in the body (sebum) which in turn causes mild dandruff.
- Hygiene – dirty hair and scalp bring about itching and flakes. Poor hygiene and not caring for your hair and scalp correctly may also be blamed for having dandruff.
- Diet – a poor and unhealthy diet is another reason. If your diet for example does not have enough nutrition it tends to dry out scalp and cause dandruff. Not having enough essential fatty acids in your diet is one of the most common causes of flakes. An unhealthy diet that consists of excess carbohydrates, sugar, and fats also makes dandruff conditions worse.
- Health Problems – conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis cause dandruff to occur on scalp.
- Hair Products – excessive use of gels, sprays, hair coloring products, and strong shampoos cause dandruff too. Other hair products include straightening irons, hot hair curlers, blow dryers, and the like are also sources of damage to both hair and scalp.
- Weather – changing and extreme weather conditions also play a role in itchy flakes. Extreme heat, humidity, and the cold weather make scalp dry and causes flakes to appear.
How to Solve the Problem?
Learning what causes the itchiness will definitely make it easier to resolve the problem. Knowing your body and what affect it could cause you the embarrassment of having dandruff on your scalp, hair, and clothes. Dry and unhealthy scalp for example may be solved with the use of natural oils like argan oil. Rich in essential fatty acids, argan oil can bring moisture and nutrition to your hair and scalp. A few drops of this oil on your hair could easily bring back health and shine to hair too. What you do with your health is reflected within your body. So look into these dandruff causes and resolve your itchy scalp problem!