It is common for women to long for smoother and straighter hair. This explains why hair straightening treatments are ever popular. One of the most popular treatments available is keratin hair straightening. If you are considering getting this treatment, you should read on.
So let us find out more about keratin hair straightening treatment.
First off, you may be wondering just what keratin is. Keratin is a type of protein that naturally makes up the hair. So how does keratin hair straightening treatment work?
The process includes your hair stylist applying a keratin hair straightening product to the hair and then sealing it in with the use of a hot flat iron. The average time for the entire process to be completed is 1 hour and 30 minutes however it can take longer depending on your hair’s length. The results will last up to 2 and ½ months.
Benefits of Getting Keratin Hair Straightening Treatment
Aside from getting that beautiful and silky straight hair, this treatment comes with other benefits.
- Cuts your time in styling your hair. How long does it take for you to style your straight hair? You’d probably say not as quickly as you would want it to be. Keratin hair straightening treatment can actually cut the time you spend in blow-drying your hair by as much as 40% to 60%. Now that’s a lot of time saved.
- Gets rid of frizz. Nobody wants a frizzy hair. After getting a keratin hair straightening treatment you don’t have to worry about your hair getting frizzy. You’d be surprised to see your hair not affected even after walking in light rain.
- Makes hair stronger and resilient. Keratin treatment is more of a restorative treatment therefore benefiting even those with good hair type.
Post Treatment Care
Here are some important post treatment care tips to keep in mind.
- Don’t wash your hair for 3-4 days after the treatment. You should know that for the solution used in treating your hair takes time to take effect. Washing your hair right away after the treatment means your money goes down the drain.
- Use a sodium-sulfate free shampoo. To help maintain the keratin hair straightening treatment, a sodium sulfate free shampoo is recommended for use in washing the hair. Remember that you need to wait 3 – 4 days after the treatment before you can wash your hair.
A Few Things to Keep in Mind
- If ever you experience hair breakage, don’t think that the keratin treatment is the culprit. Keratin hair treatment will not cause this but the heat from the flat iron may be to blame. If your hair stylist used too much heat in flat ironing the hair to seal in the treatment this will scorch the hair and lead to breakage.
- If you are suffering from psoriasis or seborrheic dermatitis, it is recommended that you consult your doctor first before getting this hair treatment.
So are you ready to get a keratin hair straightening treatment?
Like our Facebook page and share this post to your friends.