When it comes to skin care, new trends and fads come up every so often. This 2014, one of the most recent trends in skin care not only have wonderful effects on the skin but also for the entire body.
Have you noticed that local farmers’ markets are once again popping up lately? This is because more and more people are once again jumping into the healthy wagon. And one of the growing trends in skin care is eating healthy for beautiful skin. Local farmers’ markets are one of the best sources for fresh fruits and vegetables. Learn about some of the fruits that come not only with great health benefits but beauty benefits as well.
Fruits for Beautiful Skin
- Papaya – If you want to keep your skin youthful, snack on papayas. Why? Papayas are known to have properties that help firm up the skin and prevent it from sagging. Papaya contains beta-carotene, flavanoids, potassium, magnesium, and folate. All of these nutrients work together in keeping the skin youthful. Papayas are an excellent source of Vitamin C which plays a crucial role in collagen production. Collagen is the protein responsible for giving the skin its firmness.
- Avocado – Most of the time, people think of avocado as a vegetable. But avocados are actually a fruit. So how do avocados benefit the skin? Avocados are loaded with monounsaturated fats or simply referred to as the “good fat”. These fats help keep the skin moisturized.
- Strawberries – When springtime and summertime arrive, strawberries are sought after the most. It is a great idea to ass strawberries in your bowl of whole grain cereal and your salads. You can even have them as a healthy snack or even make them into a refreshing juice. They are not only sweet but also packed with vitamins and minerals that help boost one’s health. Packed with antioxidants, including Vitamin C, strawberries help protect the skin from the harsh effects of free radicals thereby keeping your skin healthy, beautiful and youthful.
- Plum – If you love sweets, then here’s another sweet fruit that will not only satisfy your sweet tooth but also keep your skin beautiful. Plums are also packed with antioxidants just like strawberries. They are also an excellent source of dietary fiber. Dietary fiber aids the body in flushing away harmful toxins.
- Pear – You are better off snacking on pears than munching on unhealthy sweets. Pears are loaded with dietary fiber just like plums. They help flush away toxins that can harm the body including your skin. So if you want a healthy and glowing complexion, have some pears.
Argan Oil for Beautiful Skin
When it comes to skin care products, Argan oil is one among those few worth investing in. The oil has anti-aging properties, thanks to its high content of antioxidants. It is a potent skin moisturizer thanks to its essential fatty acids, sterols, and vitamin E. Another wonderful thing about Argan oil is that it is a multi-purpose beauty product. You can use it on your skin, hair, and nails! So when you buy a bottle, you are actually getting 3 beauty products for the price of 1!