Are you unhappy and tired of your stretch marks? Are you searching for a solution on how to get rid of those ugly looking lines on your skin? Here ends your search.
Most of the time, skin does not bounce back to its normal self when it has been stretched by rapid growth due to pregnancy, weight gain, or extreme weight loss. Instead of bouncing back, the skin is garlanded with a form of scarring called stretch marks or striae. When stretch marks begin to appear they are a shade of red or purple in color. These would change after some time and turn into a glossy skin that is streaked in silver or white.
What should you do about stretch marks?
One should always take into consideration that every treatment for stretch marks will work differently for each person. The degree of success would depend greatly on one’s age, skin tone, and even diet. So when you pick a treatment option, make sure you get one that will work well for you.
What to look for?
- Look for high contents of Vitamin E. To get rid of those unwilling stretch marks, massage your skin regularly with olive oil, coconut oil or almond oil that has vitamin E on them. For better effects, use argan oil. Argan oil has 3-4x more vitamin E than other natural oils. Application of a few drops of argan oil on areas that have stretch marks will do wonders for your skin. Argan oil also has antioxidants that keep skin healthy and elastic. Natural oils like argan oil are safe for all skin types and for all ages. Teens who are fearing stretch marks because of weight changes could also use this oil as precautionary measures.
What else can you do?
- Get some eggs. Egg whites when all over the area affected by stretch marks will help lighten and eventually remove those marks. Allow the egg whites to dry on your skin before peeling it off and washing it off with cold water.
- Drink lots of water. Water is essentially good for the whole body. But more important for the skin, water keeps the skin elastic. Elasticity prevents the appearance of stretch marks so having enough water every day will help relieve your skin from these marks.
- Exercise regularly. Like water, exercise is also generally good for the whole body. For the skin however, exercise maintains the skin’s stretching ability and avoids loosening of the skin.
- Watch your weight. You need to keep watching your weight because a rapid change in weight either an increase or a decrease will give way to stretch marks formation.
When you already have the marks on your skin, you need not worry because there are always solutions. Prevention and helping your skin to keep elastic and stretching properly will keep it from having these lines for so long.