The winter season can bring about a number of skin woes. Dry flaky skin is probably the most common skin problem come the cold season. We have listed down some skin care tips that will help you manage these woes better!
Winter Skin Care Tips
- Keep your body hydrated. Drinking enough water every day is important to keep your body healthy. Your body organs need water to function properly and you should remember that the skin is the largest organ you have. So don’t allow your skin to get thirsty. Drink enough water to ensure that your skin is hydrated from within so you’ll avoid having to wear flaky skin.
- Use lukewarm water when bathing or showering. Many of us would prefer to turn up the water heater when bathing or showering during the cold days of winter. However, hot water will strip your skin of its natural oils. This can be the reason why you usually get dry flaky skin during the cold weather. However tempting a hot bath or shower may be this winter season, don’t give in as this will only result to dry skin. So stick with a lukewarm bath or shower.
- Don’t forget to moisturize your skin. Keeping your skin moisturized is especially critical during the winter season. Your exposure to extreme temperatures (very cold outdoors to hot air inside from the heater) will dry up your skin. Use a potent moisturizer such as the Argan oil in moisturizing your skin. The oil is loaded with nutrients having potent moisturizing properties such as Vitamin E, essential fatty acids, and sterols. These nutrients will help avoid flaky skin. Aside from these nutrients, Argan oil comes with numerous antioxidants that can help protect the skin from free-radical damage. Free radicals are the number one cause of wrinkles and fine lines. The oil is believed to help minimize signs of skin aging because of its antioxidants.
- Don’t forget about your lips. Your puckers can dry up due to the cold weather outdoors and the hot air inside. It’s very common to see flaky skin on the lips during winter. To avoid this make sure that you don’t forget to apply lip balm on your lips. Choose a lip balm with sunscreen. Also refrain from licking your lips. You may think that licking your lips will help bring back moisture but it does the exact opposite. So if your lips are starting to chap, be sure to swipe it over with a lip balm. You can also use the Argan oil as a natural lip balm.
- Sunscreen is still a must! Don’t think that just because the sky is overcast that your skin does not need any protection from the sun’s UV rays. No matter how cloudy the skies may look, the sun’s UV rays can still penetrate through these clouds. The sun’s rays are also reflected on the ice. So don’t forget about lathering sunscreen lotion all over your skin before heading outdoors.
Follow these winter skin care tips if you don’t want flaky skin. Don’t let the winter season to give your skin a bad beating!
Like our Facebook page and share this post to your friends!