Blackheads are small black spots found on the surface of the skin. Prominently found on the nose, cheeks, back, chest, and neck, blackheads are most commonly brought about by excess dead cells that plug the pores of the skin. Aside from excess dead cells, other causes of blackheads include:
- Unclean skin surface
- Excess oil
Although there are a lot of products that promise to remove blackheads, solving the root cause of the problem would be better as removal of blackheads is only temporary. Try these:
- Have a stress-free life
- Bathe, wash face and hands regularly
- Fresh air
- Do not smoke
- Eat fresh ad healthy foods
Aside from these, here are more specific methods on how you can remove and avoid blackheads:
- Pore Strips – these are available in your nearest drugstores and groceries. An adhesive that acts like a tape. When peeled off, blackheads stick to it, removing them on your skin. Pore strips are usually applied on the nose and left for 10-15 minutes before peeling.
- Weekly Exfoliation – exfoliating products and facial washes are easily available in the market as well. As exfoliation is a proven blackheads remover, doing this once a week will guarantee the disappearance of your blackheads. Don’t over exfoliate though, once a week is enough.
- Lifestyle Changes – because blackheads are encouraged by excess skin and oil, eating healthily will also keep blackheads away. Avoid processed and oily foods. Stick with healthy fruits and vegetables, drink lots of water, consume and use only healthy oils. Natural oils like argan oil are good oils to eat and to use as a cosmetic product. Rich in vitamin E, antioxidants, and fatty acids, argan oil normalizes sebum production in the body which allows for blackheads to disappear.
- Healthy Make-up – use non-comedogenic make-up that does not clog pores. Also, make sure to remove any make-up before retiring to bed at night. Sleeping with an unclean face often worsens or causes blackheads.
- Have Enough Rest – getting enough sleep and rest is important to keep skin free from blackheads. A good 6-8 hours of sleep every night will help rejuvenate skin cells, keeping them healthy. A good night’s sleep will also help to avoid stress.
ARGAN OIL FOR THE SKIN
Although argan oil is a form of oil, it is a good type of oil. It will not clog pores and it will not give you blackheads. Contrary to this, argan oil clears out blocked pores and helps skin to breathe. It is a good way to keep skin moisturized and healthy. Daily application of this all natural product will ensure skin’s glow and good health.
When you skin starts to become problematic and blackheads start to appear, you now know that a few changes in your daily routine will help solve the problem. A good night’s sleep, good make-up, some lifestyle changes, exfoliation, some fresh air, and being clean will help you get that clear skin in no time.