If you are worried about the visible signs of aging in your skin then you are even making things worse! Worrying will not do you any good! You should address the cause of the problem.
When your skin is showing signs of aging earlier than it should then you may not be taking good care of your skin. Skin care is not just about washing your face and taking showers or baths. It is not even just about the skin care products that you apply on your skin!
The best way to keep the signs of skin aging at bay is proper looking after it. You may be spot on with your skin care regimen but have you considered your lifestyle? Yes! The kind of lifestyle you are living plays a crucial role in hastening skin aging.
Go skin deep in your daily skin care regimen! Here are tips on how to properly look after your skin!
Proper Skin Caring 101
- Mind your sun exposure. You should see to it that you always wear sun protection whenever you are under the sun no matter what the forecast or season is. Apply sunscreen lotion to the skin to protect it from the damaging effects of the sun’s UV rays. You will not only get fine lines, wrinkles and sun spots from constant unprotected exposure to the sun’s UV rays. You can also become very vulnerable to skin cancer. Make a note that the sunscreen lotion should have a Sun Protection Factor or SPF of at least 15. The sunscreen lotion should also be lathered on to all exposed areas of the skin at least 15 minutes before getting exposed. Of course it is wise to stay indoors when the sun is at its peak which is around 9 am until 4 pm.
- No smoking please! If you are serious about having beautiful and young skin you have to start quitting smoking now! Cigarette smoking is the second ranked biggest cause of wrinkles next to the sun’s Ultra Violet rays. Age spots, fine lines and pigmentation will start appearing because the skin would take more time in repairing damaged skin cells. The nicotine in cigarettes constricts the blood vessels cutting off oxygen and nutrient supply to the skin.
- Stick to a healthy and balanced diet. Make sure that your meals everyday is packed with proteins, carbohydrates, fibres and healthy fats. Start eating leafy greens and fruits if you have not been eating them in the past.
- Keep on moving! Exercising regularly is very beneficial to the skin. Not only are you saved from getting heavier and fatter which later on could result to skin breakouts but more importantly you are avoiding serious diseases such as diabetes and diseases of the heart. Also regular exercising promotes good circulation thus there would be an even distribution of oxygen and nutrients to the entire body. Did you notice that those who regularly exercise have great skin complexion?
- Apply Argan oil to the skin daily. Argan oil is packed with components that benefit the skin greatly such as essential fatty acids, Vitamin E, Sterols, Ferulic acid, Linoleic acid, Polyphenols and other antioxidants. The skin is nourished, moisturised and protected from damages.
If you follow these 5 steps you can still have a healthy, young and vibrant skin.