In this very fast-paced world, we are usually always running after time. It does feel like we are rushing most of the time. In our great rush we tend to sacrifce a lot of things. The food that we eat is one of the things that usually get sacrificed because of all that running around.
Most of us are used to eating at fast food restaurants already. We no longer mind that most meals from these fast food chains are not healthy at all! Because they serve their food fast, we are happy to wait for a few seconds and start digging in on meals swimming in oil, unhealthy fats and too much salt.
Most of us have used the “I have no time” card when the subject of healthy homecooked meals is mentioned. By now, you should be already getting tired hearing yourself utter this excuse. The truth is, you can whip up healthy meals in just a few minutes. You can even bring a home-cooked or home prepared meal for lunch to work just by preparing the dish the night before. There are quite simple and and quick healthy recipes that you can do. Here’s one that will take just a few minutes of your time.
Since the heat is still upon us, a refreshing salad is very ideal. If you love green grapes then this salad recipe is exactly for you. Let us get on with the ingredients of this Sweet Green Grape Salad recipe.
You will not have a hard time shopping for these ingredients:
- Grapes – Of course, you’ll need the green ones but you can definitely substitute the green grapes with black or red ones. Best to go for the seedless kind.
- Cream Cheese – Just grab one of those 8-ouncer package of cream cheese in your local grocery store.
- Sour Cream – You just need one container of the 8-ouncer sour cream.
- White Sugar – Half a cup is enough.
- Brown Sugar – This time you only need 2 tablespoons.
- Vanilla Extract – A teaspoon is enough.
- Pecans – 4 ounces will be enough. Chop them up.
Preparing the Salad
You would not even sweat in preparing this delicious and refreshing salad. Here are the easy steps!
- First off you need to wash the grapes. Remember to dry them off with a paper towel after washing.
- Get your bowl large enough for all the ingredients. But first mix the cream cheese, sour cream, white sugar and the vanilla in the bowl. Mix them well. Once done, toss in the grapes and start mixing again.
- The last step would be to sprinkle your almost ready grape salad with brown sugar and pecans. Mix one more time and let the salad cool in the fridge.
- You may want to drizzle the salad with Moroccan Argan oil. A small amount of this culinary oil drizzled into the salad will add a kick of nutty flavour in this refreshing dish. The culinary Argan oil is also packed with nutrients healthy for the brain, heart and overall body. The oil is super healthy as it contains unsaturated essential fatty acids, Vitamin E and other potent antioxidants!